• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Build Fighters Try Island Wars to Stream With English Subtitles on August 21

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dark13

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Always trust ANN to be late with news as always Laughing
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:19 pm Reply with quote
^ Maybe you could correct that by sending them a news tip so they can report news on time.
dark13

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:24 am Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
^ Maybe you could correct that by sending them a news tip so they can report news on time.
why did you think I said late as always ?
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:00 am Reply with quote
I don't know. I heard it here before I heard it from Gundam.Info, so ANN must be doing something right.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:32 pm Reply with quote
So is anyone going to actually discuss the topic or just pointlessly whine and soapbox that the news article wasn't quick enough for their standards?
jeromeskee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:23 pm Reply with quote
As a long-time Gundam fan, I've loved every second of the Gundam battle fan-service that we've gotten in this series. The premise of this TV special sounds interesting, seeing how the Try group will be testing the new battle system.

Really, we're all waiting for Season 3 of this series, when the Try team gets to battle on the global stage, and we'll hopefully get to see the return of Reiji and Sei from Season 1, along with other characters.

I think we might get Season 3 in April 2017 once the second season of Iron-Blooded Orphans concludes.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:01 pm Reply with quote
If there is a season 3, I really hope they're no longer the Try "group." The 3 on 3 format went really badly. The rivals were in general way less developed than the first season, and what could have been a cool team battle scenario constantly devolved into duels anyway.

Try aired concurrently with G-Reco so it isn't like IBO has to finish first.
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:48 pm Reply with quote
jeromeskee wrote:
As a long-time Gundam fan, I've loved every second of the Gundam battle fan-service that we've gotten in this series. The premise of this TV special sounds interesting, seeing how the Try group will be testing the new battle system.

Really, we're all waiting for Season 3 of this series, when the Try team gets to battle on the global stage, and we'll hopefully get to see the return of Reiji and Sei from Season 1, along with other characters.

I think we might get Season 3 in April 2017 once the second season of Iron-Blooded Orphans concludes.

It's fun stuff. I don't like every single episode and some fights are better than others but I don't see what people got so incredibly bent out of shape about with the second season myself. For a show that is ostensibly created as a marketing tie-in for model kits that airs at like 5PM on Sundays you could do a lot worse and I've sure as hell seen a lot worse lately.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:51 am Reply with quote
TBH I liked TRY way more then the 1st. It was pure, simple trounament fun, and didn't try and take itself seriously with a parallel world, and stolen technoogy and mind control BS. Also, I can't STAND Sei. He's the exact type of charatcer I hate: spineless shota wimp for most of the show.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:20 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
TBH I liked TRY way more then the 1st. It was pure, simple trounament fun, and didn't try and take itself seriously with a parallel world, and stolen technoogy and mind control BS. Also, I can't STAND Sei. He's the exact type of charatcer I hate: spineless shota wimp for most of the show.

and unfortunately a massive ero doujin bait for circle groups from comiket market. he's more or less just like a crap shoot version of Lana from Queens Blade.

regardless if this is a season three, and its being planned to be released in the US, DO IT ONLY WITH A SUB VERSION!!! I would rather have it be released via sub only than right stuff to be complete cheap asses and use the atrocious Animax Asia dubs that was used on the previous two seasons.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1