• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Hunting - NO Recommendation threads allowed! [READ THE 1st POST]

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:09 pm Reply with quote
I can think of a small handful of titles that revolve around the theme of music. But if we're gonna' have one for sports (which I think is even less well received than music), then why not?
Touma

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:25 am Reply with quote
This is a minor thing that I noticed when reading the opening post of this thread:

"Streaming" is not a genre.
I sort of doubt that there is a need to have streaming recommendations separate from general recommendations, and there have not been any serious posts in that thread for over two years.
But if it is necessary to keep it I think that it should be moved out of the "Genre" list.

Also, the following things are not really genres and could be moved to the "Specific / Unique Modifiers" list:

Child-safe
Historical
Mature
Mecha
Sports
War

That would leave only official genres in the genre list, if you want to be that pedantic.

I am not saying that this needs to be done, I am just mentioning it because I noticed it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:16 pm Reply with quote
^
Very well -- done.
ask21771

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking for episodes that have multiple girls stomachs growling in them

{I moved this posting here because it's pretty damned unique. ~nobahn}
Dan Hazy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:58 pm Reply with quote
I've recently watched Requiem of the Phantom and enjoyed it immensely. I was wondering if there are any animes similar to this one. I'm somewhat picky about the art style though. Someone told me to check out noir but I couldn't get past that art style to enjoy the anime.I prefer the anime characters to look more realistic.

The ending doesn't have to be tragic or the anime doesn't have to be about the mafia. I just really liked the characters in Requiem of the Phantom and the relationship between the two main characters.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:51 am Reply with quote
Both Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ (2009) and Noir (2001) were made by Studio Bee Train and directed by Koichi Mashimo, who was (he seems to have stopped directing) notable as an exponent of the girls with guns genre, his slow pacing and his sly sense of humour. His famous girls with guns trilogy includes Noir, Madlax (2004) and El Cazador de la Bruja (2007). Phantom is never included in the list, probably because the protagonist is a male, even though most of the cast with guns are female. I think Noir is the best of the lot. It is the only one ever to be released on bluray or included as part of Funimation's classic series. Given that it is now 15 years old it's understandable the visual style seems dated. Madlax has a more fantastical premise and a convoluted plot structure that takes a long time to seem like it's going anywhere. It does, however, have higher visual production values. El Cazador is a genial, slow, road trip that is more comic than dramatic.

Similar shows where the character designs shouldn't bother you that may be worth checking out could be the Mardock Scramble film trilogy, Canaan and Black Lagoon. All three have lots of gun play, underworld action and mystery.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Svcy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:06 am Reply with quote
Can you pls recommend a romance/slight hilarious romance anime similar to School Rumble. I can't find an anime similar to School Rumble. Seen Toradora already but not my type.

Anyone know Nisekoi? Although not main character, I find supporting character Tsugumi and the main guy more appealing that I can't explain. I am looking for this kind of development although the show doesn't bring more about Tsugumi and the main guy.

Maybe I'm with the not straight romance?
Entelechy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:08 pm Reply with quote
@ask21771

I don't know about multiple girls with growling stomachs, but in the show Watamote there's a whole episode where the main character tries to brand herself as a 'hungry girl'. IIRC her stomach growls more than once in that episode....
BinyaminOphir

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Hi, this is a mature adult question. I am looking for a good yuri/shoujo-ai (girls only) hentai where the girls/women are at least late high school age to adults. I'm thinking of something in the same vein as Lesbian Ward, Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Anata to Koibito Tsunagi, or Shoujo Sect with no dicks in it. I'd prefer a realistic setting, but a fantasy, futuristic, or magical girl one is okay too. Are there any animated pieces which would fit my preferences?
Galap

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:54 pm Reply with quote
^ I'd recommend posting that in the hentai recommendations thread.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:32 pm Reply with quote

Actually, there's a yuri / shoujo ai thread.....
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:57 pm Reply with quote
I've edited the first two posts in this thread.

First post: added and updated some of the users' My Anime lists. Added a section on user review threads.

Second post: add the Nihon Review as a review site.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Touma

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:12 pm Reply with quote
^
At the beginning of the second post those three Anime on DVD/Mania links are dead.
R.I.P.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:39 pm Reply with quote
^
Removed. It seems Chris Beveridge sold it some years ago. He now runs The Fandom Post.

I added your list to the first post. That'll learn ya. Wink
Touma

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Oh no!
I should know by now to mind my own business Razz

Now I need to seriously consider adding ratings and comments to more titles.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 15 of 17