• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ange Vierge (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:54 am Reply with quote

Ange Vierge (TV)

Genres: Action, Fantasy, Science Fiction
Themes:

Plot Summary: The spontaneous opening of dimensional portals to alternate Earths has awakened magical powers in young girls. These girls, known as "Progress" use their newfound "Exceed" abilities to protect their home worlds from destruction. They gather at the massive Seiran Academy to confront the common enemy threatening all five worlds, Ouroboros.

----------------------------------

Surprised there isn't a thread for this yet. Episode 3 is out in 12 hours, and I can't be the only one watching this.

I was a bit skeptical at the first episode (why are they naked so much?), but the second episode, especially that cliffhanger...

One thing that amazes me, though, and is one of the biggest reasons (sadly) that I want to keep watching: realistic boob physics. Amane is clearly wearing a sports bra in episode 2, and her boobs actually move realistically! It's so rare to see this in ANY animation, let alone anime.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:07 pm Reply with quote
There is too much bath time, I know it can be a tantalizing tease for a good chunk of the aimed demographic but at some point it can easily be overused.

As for the character moments, it was enjoyable and it is amusing thought that yet another Tamura Yukari character apparently has magical Yuri Affinity.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:33 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

There are some glaring problems in the show, but despite all of that it is strangely fun. Like there is a lot of technobabble and exposition, but paired with the more straight forward plot, I can just keep watching. Although it being this early on and one of the main characters has been frozen and many others have been turned evil, feels like a bit of a surprise.

The roasting on one character at being somewhat superficial with hard work was pretty interesting.
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:18 pm Reply with quote
When I watched the first episode I said to myself great another fan service anime. But I always adhere to the 3 episode rule so I watched episode 2 which started out as more of the same and then near the end I said WTF this sort of thing usually happens around episode 7. Then I watched episode 3 and they didn't have an easy fix to the problem which still isn't solved. So now I am saying to myself if they start out this heavy where is it going?

Yes it still has fan service but I am going to watch it just to see where the plot takes you.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:10 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

My favourite part of the episode is probably how all the girls that got corrupted were acting, like totally playing up that they are evil and going to destroy the world. Especially the military sisters who choose to do training, the evil training being on being careful of poison, which turns into a Russian roulette onigiri challenge, where they are taking it seriously despite being evil.

Plus we had the dark world plot, which I like the aesthetics. I am really kind of digging how campy and silly this show is overall. All the moments with Dr. Michael are shameless exposition, but it kind of feels purposely overblown, especially paired with the super normal girl. The show kind of reminds me of Pandora in the Crimson Shell.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:36 am Reply with quote
I wonder if there's a permanent solution to fix the corruption. Eh, I have mixed thoughts on the show for now, first episode didn't impress me much but the show has a diverse cast so I'll have to see how much characterization they'll focus on the other girls.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:21 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

I kind of feel at this point that the show is well aware that it is odd that the corrupted girls seem to be perpetually hanging out in hot springs, and are kind of playing with it. The only exception to it are the fail military sisters who are accompanied by a good amount of irony, so it is kind of what I am thinking. Actually the whole thing has really grown into the sort of thing I really like.

And man can Aoi Yuuki act. She is voicing Ramiel, who was the villain of the episode, and her performance was reminding me of her performance of Clementine from Overlord. Yeah she is also say at the moment voicing Maihime in Qualidea Code, who is a pretty cool character, but I kind of really felt emotions here with her as Ramiel, and actually a bit creepy. I think that Aoi Yuuki might actually be best when she is being creepy.

Also some funny moments in the episode with Almaria being really attached to Saya (wanting to suck her blood. The part when she had put a finger to lips only for it to be reavealed that she had taken Saya’s, actually quite surprised me. There was some okay work to work in a bit of resolution from the last arc while starting up this new one.

I know that this show is not winning any awards, and is probably one of the most looked over ones, but it has kind of won me, fitting into one of those shows that gets little attention but fits right into a niche that I am part of.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:15 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

Got a bit Girls und Panzer when the military sisters got hold of a tank, although perhaps with a bit more yuri added in.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

Yeah, so this one kinda reeked. I gave it a sterling Weak rating. I could probably have found a more productive use for these lost, never to be retreived 6 hours. Once again, bad anime vies for my attention and wins, dammit.

I blame you.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:56 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

I on the other hand had a really good time, I have found that this is the sort of show I really like, such as with Ghost Urn the girl team anime unashamed yuri pandering is something I like.

I liked the characters, and the various focuses on securities while not realistic, were rather fun. Amane being the centre of the group and then being frozen for most of the season was surprising, and I was engaged for the rest of the season as we looked back at what made their relationships with her tic. There was some pretty dramatic over use of girls in baths, but to a point it became a bit of a joke, like how the villains seemed to spend episodes in them, instead I think it was somewhat like what happens in Cute High Earth Defense Club Love. I really liked all of the various character types, and call out the sisters as being highlights of episodes.

I am giving a rating of Very good. But this is one of those cases that I would say that most people won't be that much of a fan, Blood- must be one of those. If someone happened to have the same taste as me with these sort of shows, this might be a must watch.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1