• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Jump Special Anime Festa Screenings to Feature Black Clover

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:01 am Reply with quote
Should be interesting to see how this turns out. They can easily adapt Black Clover into at least a 1-cour or more with what they have.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:08 am Reply with quote
I think I'm in the minority here, but I don't want BC to have an anime. It's such a blatant ripoff of some good shounen titles and I still wonder why did Jump allowed that kind of manga to get published on their roster.
Dextres

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:25 am Reply with quote
Well, let's first see how Black Clover turns out.

Just recently starting reading the manga of it(currently on chapter 2).
Brack

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:27 am Reply with quote
Saku-dono wrote:
I think I'm in the minority here, but I don't want BC to have an anime. It's such a blatant ripoff of some good shounen titles and I still wonder why did Jump allowed that kind of manga to get published on their roster.

Because it's a well executed "ripoff". If you're trying to avoid repeated plots and tropes, the pages of Weekly Shonen Jump are not for you.

However, the big selling point of Black Clover is the delicate line art, and I'm not sure that will translate effectively to animation.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:41 am Reply with quote
Not surprised in the slightest, it's very obviously the next in line for an anime adaptation, it's grown a lot in popularity in the last year. I haven't read the manga, but I'd check it out if it gets a proper anime series, hopefully when it has more volumes under its belt so we don't have a HeroAca situation in which the studio has to stretch the material to its utmost limits not to catch up to the source. Bones did a great job in that, but not every anime studio's Bones
shayne0423

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:12 am Reply with quote
Welp, there's one issue. It was called the worst manga at that convention. And honestly, yeah, it's boring. I would get more enjoyment out of Naruto or Bleach than I would BC. Also, there aren't enough chapters to adapt just yet. Plus, they would be making it like 100 episodes, and we all know how that turns out. It feels so cliché and boring that I actually couldn't finish reading the first volume when I was just waiting around. I get why people defend it, but I don't think this'll be a good idea.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:31 am Reply with quote
Saku-dono wrote:

I mean I'm surprised Black Clover has lasted as long as it has.
Zen Abraham

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:00 am Reply with quote
I like black clover it' one the few manga that makes me laugh i Judge it based on who the characters are and how they act with in the story one of other characters I like besides main character is yami he is captin but the most unreasonable captin with in the he ask asta do an impossible attack that he just witness once and still crack wise in front of the enemy.
Nakurawari

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:40 am Reply with quote
Not surprising in the slightest. I will say though, that if you have read/watched like 3 other battle shonen, then there is no point in reading Black Clover. It just does everything anything else does, but not as well. It's not the worst manga ever... but it certainly isn't good either.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:38 am Reply with quote
Bleach's replacement, I guess. Rolling Eyes
Shinuki

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:15 am Reply with quote
Sometimes i feel like who still complaining about Black Clover only read the first chapters that in fact were by far the weakest part of the manga, because today the manga is very good and very enjoyable, and only getting better...

Is hilarious how people look to Black Clover and attack the manga as if needs to be something fantastic or even original while we have tons of popular battle shounens out there that are equaly or even more cliché and generic and no one complain about (Hello Kimetsu no Yaiba), but when they look to Black Clover, they can't forgive the manga for being what it is, a typical battle shounen, and Tabata is doing a fine job.

Better get used, Black Clover is very popular and will be published for years, and don't be surprised if the manga sales get a boost even bigger than Boku no Hero Academia with the anime. Is a possibility.

Saku-dono wrote:

You should actually learn what "ripoff" means, the only thing that could actually be called ripoff was the first chapter that was way too much similar with Naruto, after this there are no "ripoff" in Black Clover, or we should start calling ALL battle shounens ripoff of some manga, because every typical shounen manga has inspirations from others mangas, specially Dragon Ball, funny enough i don't see anyone calling Boku no Hero Academia a ripoff when Horikoshi clearly takes a lot of inspiration from the early days of Naruto (In fact Horikoshi is a big Naruto fan), oh i forgot, double standards.

You should read more mangas, Black Clover isn't even close to being one of the worst things that SJ published, really, not even close.

shayne0423 wrote:
Welp, there's one issue. It was called the worst manga at that convention. And honestly, yeah, it's boring. I would get more enjoyment out of Naruto or Bleach than I would BC. Also, there aren't enough chapters to adapt just yet. Plus, they would be making it like 100 episodes, and we all know how that turns out. It feels so cliché and boring that I actually couldn't finish reading the first volume when I was just waiting around. I get why people defend it, but I don't think this'll be a good idea.

Oh yeah, because some random list by random people in a convention represents what everybody thinks about (Bleach underrated manga? Laughing) and of course, Japan and the Jump readers cares so much about it Laughing

Yes, there are enough chapters to adapt, the manga not even got a full adaptation yet, looks like you forgot Boku no Hero Academia that got a anime even before.

Also, you not even finished the first volume lol you literally can't give a real opinion about Black Clover, in fact in the moment BC is like 100% better than in the first volume.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:28 am Reply with quote
When they announced there'd be a special for a series getting its first animated work I figured it'd be Black Clover. It's the only WSJ series in a position of being both new and firmly established in the magazine, and it continues to do well in the reader poll so it was just a matter of time. I fully expect we'll see a TV anime announcement before this time next year.
Peebs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:38 am Reply with quote
I ask myself every week, "Black Clover anime where?"

This is very hopeful. The story needs to be animated and animated well.
AkaRed

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:20 am Reply with quote
Shinuki wrote:
Sometimes i feel like who still complaining about Black Clover only read the first chapters that in fact were by far the weakest part of the manga, because today the manga is very good and very enjoyable, and only getting better...

Is hilarious how people look to Black Clover and attack the manga as if needs to be something fantastic or even original while we have tons of popular battle shounens out there that are equaly or even more cliché and generic and no one complain about (Hello Kimetsu no Yaiba), but when they look to Black Clover, they can't forgive the manga for being what it is, a typical battle shounen, and Tabata is doing a fine job.

Better get used, Black Clover is very popular and will be published for years, and don't be surprised if the manga sales get a boost even bigger than Boku no Hero Academia with the anime. Is a possibility.

Saku-dono wrote:

You should actually learn what "ripoff" means, the only thing that could actually be called ripoff was the first chapter that was way too much similar with Naruto, after this there are no "ripoff" in Black Clover, or we should start calling ALL battle shounens ripoff of some manga, because every typical shounen manga has inspirations from others mangas, specially Dragon Ball, funny enough i don't see anyone calling Boku no Hero Academia a ripoff when Horikoshi clearly takes a lot of inspiration from the early days of Naruto (In fact Horikoshi is a big Naruto fan), oh i forgot, double standards.

You should read more mangas, Black Clover isn't even close to being one of the worst things that SJ published, really, not even close.

shayne0423 wrote:

Oh yeah, because some random list by random people in a convention represents what everybody thinks about (Bleach underrated manga? Laughing) and of course, Japan and the Jump readers cares so much about it Laughing

Yes, there are enough chapters to adapt, the manga not even got a full adaptation yet, looks like you forgot Boku no Hero Academia that got a anime even before.

Also, you not even finished the first volume lol you literally can't give a real opinion about Black Clover, in fact in the moment BC is like 100% better than in the first volume.

I think you've said everything I had in mind to say so nothing to add more lol

If Black Clover get an anime adaptation I will be so happy I discovered the manga reccently and read all chapters in one Week-end. This manga is so good and I have now two solid remplacement to Bleach and Naruto with Boku no Hero Academia and Black Clover.

By the way Weekly Shonen Jump manga are all great for me they are the king. All popular hit from WSJ all have a Young Protagonist with unique hairstyle and for Black Clover Asta have his unique Hairstyle as well.

Let's get a Anime for this amazing Manga ♥
Skerlly Fc

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:38 am Reply with quote
While in the beginning it was Naruto+Fairy Tail, by chapter 73 I can say for sure that is more Black Clover and less Naruto+Fairy Tail. But that doesn´t mean that if you are a more experienced people, you will find it really boring and uninteresting. It´s a work for all audiences, especially casual audiences.

Brack wrote:
Saku-dono wrote:

Because it's a well executed "ripoff". If you're trying to avoid repeated plots and tropes, the pages of Weekly Shonen Jump are not for you.

However, the big selling point of Black Clover is the delicate line art, and I'm not sure that will translate effectively to animation.

Black Clover subverts some tropes, but it still has the most obvious ones. Why can´t I hear more people talking about World Trigger? That really avoids most of the shounen tropes. The power-ups outta nowhere get an explanation later(Tamakoma-1´s power-ups anyone?), The main characters grow from actual effort and learning as opposed to get nonsensical power-ups(yeah lately they get some, but they are little, make sense, and don´t make them OP), Osamu lately can fight, even if it´s not by much, but knows how to make effective strategies, it uses it´s big cast more properly than Bleach(some characters are introduced but not with the big promise of overstaying their welcome, and others are only used when necessary)... Well that´s everything I have to say about the series by now.

Yeah, we know that Toei transformed it into their next comercial shonen without putting more effort on the production values, but give it a try to the anime, or the manga if you find the animation off-putting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3