• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Gintama Film Adds More Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:41 pm Reply with quote
So they're adapting the Benizakura arc. Ahh well, hopefully they do it justice. Though I do daresay the girl playing Nanao is gorgeous!!!! She looks so fierce too!
tsvkkis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Pretty happy with all the castings except for Kondou and Takasugi, but I am looking forwards to the live Smile
jtron

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:15 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping for Jiro Sato as Elizabeth, myself, but this is still good
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:44 pm Reply with quote
So is this going to be a slapdash retelling of the Benizakura arc? If so, I doubt it's going to measure up to either of this arc's anime adaptations. Also, unless they've got a robust effects budget at their disposal, the action sequences - particularly the ones involving the Benizakura - are going to be underwhelming.
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:07 pm Reply with quote
I've said it once and I'll say it again; they're screwed if they don't break he fourth wall.
tintor2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Why do I fear Nakamura VI will star naked? Laughing
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:41 pm Reply with quote
I afraid this doesnt go well. Benizakura arc have less comedy and more to fights.
Midaro

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:15 am Reply with quote
Gintama is both comedy and adventure. They had to start with this arc somehow, though it's a great challenge. I hope they do it more in Captain Harlock's style and less in Attack on Titan films'.

What got me thinking is that Shun Oguri ended filming a few weeks ago. So is it now the turn of the guys he's fighting with??? It makes no sense to me. Maybe they filmed together already, but didn't tell us not to rebeal the arc.

All the same, I hope Takasugi kinki boy to give his best. I had someone very different in mind to play the character and Oguri seems to be so much taller than him... Yet, he may turn out to be a great surprise. It's going to be even more difficult for the CGI team. Certainly, they have a year ahead, I think.

I noticed no Sakamoto, Yamazaki, Kawakami Bansai, Catherine, Otose nor Hasegawa casted yet. I would love to see them eventually, together with Kyube, the Shogun, Prince Hata and Hedoro. I guess not everyone can be in it but I wish they did. I wish with all my heart they made a great film so new ones came afterwards because, once the manga and the anime are over, I'm gonna miss Gintama a lot.

I cannot wait for the super announcement. What if it was a trilogy or a whole tv live-action series starting with the same cast where the film left? There would be more space to explore Gintama in a series and new live-action films may eventually come too. What I'm talking about is some sort of transmedia franchise like Marvel's, though in a different, more modest scale... I would LOVE that!!!
AkaRed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:51 am Reply with quote
Akarin + Kanna-chan ok now I am very interested in this live Gintama movie ♥
UkiyaSeed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:20 am Reply with quote
Lord Dcast wrote:
I've said it once and I'll say it again; they're screwed if they don't break he fourth wall.

Considering that they got two Kamen Rider actors in the film (Masaki Suda is 1/2 of Kamen Rider W and Ryo Yoshizaka is Kamen Rider Meteor) and that pretty much most of the regular actors that appeared in Yuichi Fukuda's projects are in it, it will be stupid if they missed that opportunity to break the fourth wall.
fahret0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:29 am Reply with quote
i doubt she can act like kagura,kagura character is very hard to adapt.and i think elizabeth must be add,because there is no zura if without elizabeth.they always stay together.and what about amanto/alien,baka ouji is very funny.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1