• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams Drifters Anime's English-Narrated Clip

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:33 pm Reply with quote
You got to love those Hellsing eyes and art style. I missed it so much. Much like how I miss Gonzo's old art style. Happy to see something like Hellsing back.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Yup, so glad this show is getting made.

This is gonna be awesome!
LoriasGS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:42 am Reply with quote
Curse my living in England. Josh Grelle was the one casting choice I was worried about but I can't watch this video.

I can picture all the other actors no problem but I just can't see Josh Grelle as Toyohisa. I'll just put my faith in Funimation for now that they cast him well.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:05 am Reply with quote
LoriasGS wrote:
Curse my living in England. Josh Grelle was the one casting choice I was worried about but I can't watch this video.

I can picture all the other actors no problem but I just can't see Josh Grelle as Toyohisa. I'll just put my faith in Funimation for now that they cast him well.

you didn't miss anything. none of the characters talk in this. its just a voice, probably Linda Young's, briefly introducing 7 of the drifters
BringBackUzume

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:48 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
LoriasGS wrote:

you didn't miss anything. none of the characters talk in this. its just a voice, probably Linda Young's, briefly introducing 7 of the drifters

That's Pam Dougherty, not Linda Young.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:03 am Reply with quote
BringBackUzume wrote:

That's Pam Dougherty, not Linda Young.

oh, never would have recognized her. thanks
Animechic420

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:13 pm Reply with quote
LoriasGS wrote:

If you're worried about whether Josh can deepen his voice, he does and it works for Toyohisa.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:09 am Reply with quote
The series section on Funimation.com already said it's from the "Hellsing" creator. However, I think the tagline could add in from that it's from the publisher of "Galaxy Express 999". This is because GE999 is probably Shonengahosha's most notable non-"Hellsing" title.
LoriasGS

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:27 am Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:
LoriasGS wrote:

If you're worried about whether Josh can deepen his voice, he does and it works for Toyohisa.

Awesome thanks. I've heard him in a few things so I can usually recognise his voice but I don't think I've heard him in a role where he depends his voice so I was a little concerned, but if he can deepen his voice then he should be fine, because he's a pretty good actor beyond that,
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1