• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Hero Academia Anime Previews 2nd Season in 1st Promo Video

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shirohae

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:55 am Reply with quote
OMFG HYPE!!!!!
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:01 am Reply with quote
Could you put the translations of what everyone says in the video?
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:27 am Reply with quote
For a simple action shounen this series is actually not half-bad. Despite the mediocre script of the first season I loved the presentation and enjoyed the show for what it is so I look forward to the sequel. The PV looks great and I hope this comes during Spring.
Ulinox

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:39 am Reply with quote
Yeah, whatever. I'm just waiting for that One-Punch Man season 2 teaser. MHA is and will always be a generic shonen that takes itself too seriously, and is inferior to the greatness that is OPM.
LegitSnivy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:41 am Reply with quote
Ulinox wrote:
Yeah, whatever. I'm just waiting for that One-Punch Man season 2 teaser. MHA is and will always be a generic shonen that takes itself too seriously, and is inferior to the greatness that is OPM.

You're making it way too easy for people to disagree with you on this one. You almost had me take the bait for a second.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:14 am Reply with quote
Ulinox wrote:

Then why are you even here? Go blow Saitama while we enjoy our show.

What the f**k happened to the Otaku Community? What is so great about OPM? For starters, it relies on one joke for the premise. FFS, we get it: Saitama is overpowered and it sucks for him. Move on! The art for the webcomic makes Chris-Chan look like Katsuhiro Otomo. Talented webcomic artists get left in the dust while this hack-job gets a redone manga and an anime adaptation. It's like the "Fred" of webcomics. Also, pop-culture references does not equal good humor. There's no reason to have one of the villains look like Piccolo or have a Kamen Rider parody with a pun for a name.

I really can't wait for that fad of a series to die. I'm so tired of people treating this overhyped series like the Second Coming of Christ. OPM fans are worse than the [expletive] Narutards.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:04 am Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
STOP LIKING THAT THING I DON'T LIKE

Short version
Hawkmonger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:26 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Animeking1108 wrote:
STOP LIKING THAT THING I DON'T LIKE

Short version

About sums it up.

I thoroughly disagree with any notion that MHA is anything other than the most refreshing take on the genre in decades, but that's just my two pence and opinion is subjective blah blah blah...

Oh, hey, is it me or are a few scenes in this trailer from LATER points in the manga? It was a given this season would cover the sports festival, name picking, and intern/hero killer Stain arcs, but I swear a few shots of All Might in this teaser are from the spoiler[All For One battle.]

That would mean the study camp arc* story line is included as well, so a two core run this year?

*Read as, THE BIGGEST [expletive] MISTAKE UA EVER MADE!!!!
TokyoSplash

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:41 am Reply with quote
MANNNN SZN 2!!!!!!!!
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:51 am Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
Ulinox wrote:

Then why are you even here? Go blow Saitama while we enjoy our show.

What the f**k happened to the Otaku Community? What is so great about OPM? For starters, it relies on one joke for the premise. FFS, we get it: Saitama is overpowered and it sucks for him. Move on! The art for the webcomic makes Chris-Chan look like Katsuhiro Otomo. Talented webcomic artists get left in the dust while this hack-job gets a redone manga and an anime adaptation. It's like the "Fred" of webcomics. Also, pop-culture references does not equal good humor. There's no reason to have one of the villains look like Piccolo or have a Kamen Rider parody with a pun for a name.

I really can't wait for that fad of a series to die. I'm so tired of people treating this overhyped series like the Second Coming of Christ. OPM fans are worse than the [expletive] Narutards.

Okay while i do agree with you that OPM has a lot of flaws and is pretty overrated, what makes it good is the manga art not the story or the webcomic.

But MHA also has some glaring flaws people also overlook. Every series has issues and stumbles, nothing is perfect, let's just let people like what they like.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:06 am Reply with quote
OPM and MHA are great shows that deserve all the hype. Can't wait for season 2 of both shows!!! Getter done!
ew121

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:58 am Reply with quote
Oh look, it's the generic battle shonen tournament arc repeated 200000 times in the past 30 years because authors can't even come up with new ideas.

Because this series couldn't possibly be more generic.
JDude042

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:52 am Reply with quote
#825565 wrote:
Oh look, it's the generic battle shonen tournament arc repeated 200000 times in the past 30 years because authors can't even come up with new ideas.

That's what we call a trope my friend. I don't know why it's so overused either, but that's how it is. It doesn't really bug me at all, but that's just me. On the topic of generic things, isn't your username a bit generic? It's just a bunch of random numbers lol. Were you rolled off the assembly line there Mr. or Ms. #825565? Laughing
Hawkmonger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:55 am Reply with quote
#825565 wrote:

FrozenMoon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:45 pm Reply with quote
I could type an essay on why I think this series is great, and why in my opinion at least it's not just "generic". However I've known months ago to not even try anymore, people will just go to articles for shows they know they don't like only to insult them, and nothing more then that. It's fine to not like something, and I can see why people might not like this series, but people always going around trying to tear down the enjoyment of others is weird to me.

Anyhow best you can do is shrug and move on, I'm really looking forward to the new season, and BNHA is one of my favorite series regardless of what anyone says.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2