• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Uchū Sentai Kyūranger Series' Preview Video Shows Cast in Civilian Costume

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sobe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:03 am Reply with quote
What?! No purple! And yet they included orange? SERIOUSLY?! Twisted Evil Maybe purple is the villain just like green is in the American live action version.

I mean Poison Ivy. Oh wait, wrong universe. Laughing
DopeyDragon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:16 am Reply with quote
Great to see Mao coming home to her old stomping ground. A good looking lot of face actors and a star studded voice cast, to be sure.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:23 am Reply with quote
I do wanna see this. It's been a while since I was hyped for a new Sentai series.

Quote:
Great to see Mao coming home to her old stomping ground.

Agreed, but at the same time I can't help find it a little funny. I just imagine it went like "We need a veteran Sentai star in this series! Mao Ichimichi? Great! But people already know her as Luka...let's dress her up!"
veemonjosh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:26 am Reply with quote
Sobe wrote:
What?! No purple! And yet they included orange? SERIOUSLY?! Twisted Evil Maybe purple is the villain just like green is in the American live action version.

The Green Ranger in MMPR was only a villain for his first five episodes, and the same thing happened to his counterpart in Zyuranger.

More appropriate comparisons for what you're looking for would be the Psycho Rangers, Dark Buster, or Deathryuger.
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Agreed, but at the same time I can't help find it a little funny. I just imagine it went like "We need a veteran Sentai star in this series! Mao Ichimichi? Great! But people already know her as Luka...let's dress her up!"

Except that they didn't when Hiroya Matsumoto played Masato Jin (Beet Buster) after playing Tsubasa Ozu (MagiYellow). Or Teruaki Ogawa, who played both Hyuuga in Gingaman and Sasuke in Kakuranger. Or Jyunichi Haruta (Kanpei Kuroda/GoggleBlack and Ryuu Hoshikawa/DynaBlack). Or the other 4 actors who played 2 different sentai. And heck, Dynaman and GoggleV were only a year apart, even!
theNightster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

Except that they didn't when Hiroya Matsumoto played Masato Jin (Beet Buster) after playing Tsubasa Ozu (MagiYellow). Or Teruaki Ogawa, who played both Hyuuga in Gingaman and Sasuke in Kakuranger. Or Jyunichi Haruta (Kanpei Kuroda/GoggleBlack and Ryuu Hoshikawa/DynaBlack). Or the other 4 actors who played 2 different sentai. And heck, Dynaman and GoggleV were only a year apart, even!

not too mention ChangePegasus in Changeman would also play Dragon Ranger in Zyuranger
veemonjosh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:43 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

Or the earliest example, Kenji Ohba, who played Battle Kenya in Battle Fever J, and then played DenjiBlue in Denjiman the following year. Gokaiger even made a gag about it in their crossover movie with Space Sheriff Gavan, another character he played, by having all three of his characters transform at the same time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1