• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Limited Acquires Gundam Film Trilogy

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Little bare bones but for £25 that ain't bad. No word on the transfer, though. Are we getting something that merits a blu-ray release or are these glorified VHS rips?
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Correction: These movies do have english dubs... not very good ones, but they do exist.

Why such a limited release though? 500 isn't much. It's actually nicely priced, especially Anime Limited standards, but I own the Beez DVD's and I prefer the original series over the movies so I don't feel the need to upgrade.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NLScavenger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:36 pm Reply with quote
For those who are put off by the international shipping costs on the AL webshop: the French release in April is identical to the UK release and not limited as far as I can tell.

thekingsdinner wrote:
Correction: These movies do have english dubs... not very good ones, but they do exist.

Why such a limited release though? 500 isn't much. It's actually nicely priced, especially Anime Limited standards, but I own the Beez DVD's and I prefer the original series over the movies so I don't feel the need to upgrade.

The UK release is limited to 500 units because the sales of the Beez DVDs didn't meet expectations. They might do a standard edition reprint if the demand is greater than expected.
sniper_samurai

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:38 pm Reply with quote
thekingsdinner wrote:

The set was made for the French market, it just so happened to be very cost effective to add the existing English subtitles to the discs and with no additional BBFC fees as the movies have already been rated. Anime Limited believe there will be a diminished demand with the BDs of the series already available, thus only producing 500 for the UK market.

The exact same set in higher quantities with French packaging will go on sale next month through Anime Limited France.
andyos
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:00 am Reply with quote
thekingsdinner wrote:

Many thanks for the correction, I'll amend the story.
Hawkmonger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:18 am Reply with quote
Yup, just pre-ordered these. Worth every penny.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1