• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. Film Reveals Cast, Visuals, Teaser Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaitonic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:55 pm Reply with quote
This looks great. Can i say that we finally get a live-action manga adaptation with proper hairs colours.Nendo looks really great between xD
I can't wait to watch this but we won't get it till 2018 Sad
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Dat double chin! XDDD Since Saiki never speaks by moving his mouth, can we get Kamiya Hiroshi to dub his voice??

I'm still very much skeptical of all live-action adaptations, however, so I'm not sure what to think of this getting a LA movie.
traitorAIZEN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Already looks 90% boring without Kamiya Hiroshi
Miss Hachiko

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:59 pm Reply with quote
crosswithyou wrote:

I'm still very much skeptical of all live-action adaptations, however, so I'm not sure what to think of this getting a LA movie.

If you saw the director's credits, he's also the director of the upcoming Gintama live-action.
However, his previous works have been pretty much comedic so far, so this director getting hands on this is pretty nice.

If you want, you should try watching Aoi Honoo (which is a semi-autobiography based off of a mangaka's university life with the founders of GAINAX), or Mr. Nietzsche in the Convenience Store (which is a slice of life about a group of eccentric, graveyard shift convenience store workers), to get a taste of what the director has workeed on.

He's known to be pretty biased towards certain actors, and likes using them in his works (primarily Sato Jiro and Muro Tsuyoshi, who's making an appearance in this movie) as well.
HPLaserBeam

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:01 pm Reply with quote
As a fan of both Saiki Kusuo and the director Yuichi Fukuda, I have only one thing to say... AMAZING!

(I will now promptly leave)
jtron

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Fukuda's directing? I'm interested. Really wish someone would license his Hero Yoshihiko series for streaming (or disc release) over here, though!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1