• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Amazon Prime to Stream Animeism Shows Including Altair Worldwide

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Ugh, seriously!? Stop monopolizing and remove your double paywall before you gobble up everything that CR and Funi should get.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Well, I guess that answers the question of who they got these shows from. Hopefully they will work with someone on dubbing them and putting them on home video.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Wow....Amazon is using their money alright. How about they use some of it too make their service better first? Now I'm just annoyed seeing that.

Also please don't make these shows sub only.....

Last edited by GoldCrusader on Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Random Name

Does anyone know if this means they have home release rights as well? Or is it just streaming?
kakashi12210

dragonrider_cody wrote:
Well, I guess that answers the question of who they got these shows from. Hopefully they will work with someone on dubbing them and putting them on home video.

Don't expect Hell Girl 4 to get dubbed. Even though season 1 had an amazing dub seasons 2 and 3 were sub only
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:28 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:

It sure won't be Funimation. I bet they're trying to make them go under with these strongarm tactics to try to swipe popular shows from them for streaming, unless they can work with them for video. I'm still annoyed they took Bahamut from them because that was sure to have been a lock, but nope, Amazon needs to be the capitalists they are!

Last edited by ZeetherKID77 on Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
dragonrider_cody

kakashi12210 wrote:
dragonrider_cody wrote:

Don't expect Hell Girl 4 to get dubbed. Even though season 1 had an amazing dub seasons 2 and 3 were sub only

I wasn't. We were lucky that we even got seasons two and three at all. But Re:Creators, Bahamut, Altair, and others could definitely support a dubbed release.
BlackPoint.

Wow amazon is really going all out atleast CR will get all titles from kodokawa due their partnership though it seems like they will need to do more of such partnership if they wanna secure more anime streaming else this looks like amazon gonna dominate now the cr-funi duo
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:29 pm Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
Wow amazon is really going all out atleast CR will get all titles from kodokawa due their partnership though it seems like they will need to do more of such partnership if they wanna secure more anime streaming else this looks like amazon gonna dominate now the cr-funi duo

That deal expired already. It was only for one year. Both Sentai and Amazon have since picked up Kadokowa shows.
Divineking

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Not gonna lie: This is outright terrifying. Animeism is pretty much the big late night otaku block and this more or less ensures Amazon will basically ALWAYS have access to whatever the hottest titles of any given season are. These kind of strongarm tactics could seriously end up hurting CR and Funi in the long run and damage the current anime ecosystem as a whole, but hey at least they have "competition" now. *rolls eyes*
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:30 pm Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
dragonrider_cody wrote:

It sure won't be Funimation. I bet they're trying to make them go under with these strongarm tactics to try to swipe popular shows from them for streaming, unless they can work with them for video. I'm still annoyed they took Bahamut from them because that was sure to have been a lock, but nope, Amazon needs to be the capitalists they are!

Anime Strike streams several Funimation shows, so it's not impossible for the two to work together. Let's also not forget that CR nabbed Kabaneri for home video, and Funimation will be dubbing and distributing it.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:35 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
dragonrider_cody wrote:

Anime Strike streams several Funimation shows, so it's not impossible for the two to work together. Let's also not forget that CR nabbed Kabaneri for home video, and Funimation will be dubbing and distributing it.

Still not enough to make it less worrying about them destroying CR/Funi with this. If they can snag popular series this way then anime in the US is doomed because of one company swiping all the good stuff up and capitalizing on it with a double paywall that they still refuse to address because they simply love to dodge the question.
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Well this is bad and Zeether you avatar is perfect for right now
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:43 pm Reply with quote
I think the very minimal people in the US would have to pay is $219.00 per year for both CR and Anime Strike to watch most of the titles.

Who honestly is willing to pay that much per year?

If they remove the double paywall and charge just $4.99 for their anime, I would pay but the double paywall is pretty much a slap in the face for anime fans. I think this is going to hurt the anime community as a whole in the long run and in all honestly, I have no hope that Fall will get any better this year.

For those living outside of the US, it is not going to be a fun season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:46 pm Reply with quote
If they get UQ Holder! next season because of this deal I'm going to be incensed beyond all belief.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7