• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory Anime Premieres in Spring 2018

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Interesting that you didn't just write "delayed to Spring 2018". I really hope this is worth the wait. The manga/LN had a fantastic ending. After how long we've been waiting, it would be extra painful if they messed up the anime.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Well better they take the time to do it right than rush it out for Fall. Though we'll see if they do do it right
AmpedForAnime

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:16 pm Reply with quote
♫ IT'S SO FAR AWAAAAY ♫

- Nickelback

But for real at least we have an idea of when it's coming. I'm just hoping they can adapt as much of it as possible. It's going to need AT LEAST 24 episodes.
xXInfinite026Xx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:24 pm Reply with quote
People who were at the Anime Expo panel got to see the exclusive footage and production art. They say the animation & models look the same as before as if nothing's changed, which is promising for the fans. Yeah it sucks that another half year tacked onto the wait time, but it seems like they want to get things right with it. I look forward to 2018 even more now.

Also I'm sure we will get even more teases and (most likely) a PV come late October this year during the Fantasia Bunko event. It'll be round 3 for their FMP panel.

AmpedForAnime wrote:

But for real at least we have an idea of when it's coming. I'm just hoping they can adapt as much of it as possible. It's going to need AT LEAST 24 episodes.

They have previously confirmed that the anime will conclude the story. However because of the Fall 2017 delay, I can see how things should be take with a little more salt. Aside from that mishap, every other detail should be true. Considering only 5 out of 12 novel volumes have been animated, there's no doubt in my mind it'll be a 2 cour series at the very least.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:52 pm Reply with quote
xXInfinite026Xx wrote:
Considering only 5 out of 12 novel volumes have been animated, there's no doubt in my mind it'll be a 2 cour series at the very least.

I never actually checked to see how much was adapted. If up to Second Raid really only covered up to 5....that's 37 episodes for 5 volumes. Pace is gonna need to be much faster than previous seasons if it's ONLY gonna be two cour. I'm hoping it's more..because I'd rather not have it rushed.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:16 am Reply with quote
I strongly believe it will be 2cour because fall and spring lineups are the ones where we usualy get bunch of 2cour shows and seeing how it switched from fall to spring is probably due the airing slot on tv so that it has has 2cour spot secured atleast thats my thinking on the whole thing plus the fact that they wanna finish up this story.
Panon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:25 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
xXInfinite026Xx wrote:
Considering only 5 out of 12 novel volumes have been animated, there's no doubt in my mind it'll be a 2 cour series at the very least.

I never actually checked to see how much was adapted. If up to Second Raid really only covered up to 5....that's 37 episodes for 5 volumes. Pace is gonna need to be much faster than previous seasons if it's ONLY gonna be two cour. I'm hoping it's more..because I'd rather not have it rushed.

The first anime had a bunch of added side content and (bad) anime original material, so it plus The Second Raid wasn't really 37 episodes of telling the story from the novels
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:55 am Reply with quote
I can only hope these these further delays will result in a fun, high-quality show.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:22 am Reply with quote
xXInfinite026Xx wrote:
People who were at the Anime Expo panel got to see the exclusive footage and production art. They say the animation & models look the same as before as if nothing's changed, which is promising for the fans. Yeah it sucks that another half year tacked onto the wait time, but it seems like they want to get things right with it. I look forward to 2018 even more now.
Well that is good to know, after 50 episodes, 3 seasons and the OVA, you grow accustomed to the way it looks, I would hate for all that to change.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:41 am Reply with quote
xXInfinite026Xx wrote:

2D robots, I hope!

After taking this long, nearly another year to get it right is fair enough.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:08 am Reply with quote
Bring it on, baby! Let's hope this announcement actually proves accurate.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:13 am Reply with quote
Kicksville wrote:
xXInfinite026Xx wrote:
People who were at the Anime Expo panel got to see the exclusive footage and production art. They say the animation & models look the same as before as if nothing's changed, which is promising for the fans.

2D robots, I hope!

After taking this long, nearly another year to get it right is fair enough.

It was mostly character profile shots, spoiler[maybe Sousuke and Kaname holding hands, Tesersa in the snow], and a glimpse of a mecha which looked 2D if I recall correctly ; we couldn't record it obviously. The production art had a few pre production line art of a Southeast Asia harbor and spoiler[Thailand-ish ruins for a future battle]. There was also the line art for a new bad guy (Gatou mentioned manga fans should recongize him) and an spoiler[egg looking mecha that Sousuke will pilot] along with more funky colored robots. I didn't know Pony Man from Fumofuu was based off a real guy; that was hilarious.
xXInfinite026Xx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:24 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

Well the first season had a portion of filler episodes to slow the pace down and TSR's first 4 episodes were original content (written by Gatou) to help bridge the gap in between. In theory the new series won't have too much extra, however Shiki douji said on twitter that an original story is being penned by Gatou. It's still too vague to know what that means at this point.

Also, Vol. 6's story is currently being adapted in the form of audio dramas on Youtube; my guess is that they are excluding that content from the new series to focus on volumes 7-12. I'm also hoping for more than a 2 cour series to ensure a better pace, but it wouldn't surprise me if that's all they're being given.
AkaRed

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:34 am Reply with quote
I'd rather wait and got a good quality anime than got it on fall and seeing just something who looks like trash ( I exagerate a bit I know ).

And as usual the saying said patience is virtue.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:19 am Reply with quote
More waiting? It's not a problem.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2