• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Super Anime Reveals Key Visual, Promo Video For Tournament of Power

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:08 am Reply with quote
anyone else notice they had to use a scene from DBZ for Gohan because he hasn't done anything in DB Super yet Very Happy
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:52 am Reply with quote
SageModeKakarot wrote:
anyone else notice they had to use a scene from DBZ for Gohan because he hasn't done anything in DB Super yet Very Happy

The same goes for 17 and 18 xP
WatcherZer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:07 am Reply with quote
I still feel cheated they announced Buu then switched to Frieza. Perhaps I will forgive them if it was more for technical production reasons when they tried to sit down and choreograph Buu in the fight though.

That final walk is exactly the same as the poster/teaser several months ago except Frieza was switched with Buu and Tien was moved from the right to the far left to balance the head heights.
AmpedForAnime

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:08 am Reply with quote
Not in a rush for it to end but does anyone know how many episodes are left? Heard something before the debut about 100 episodes at most. Either way I'm going to prop my hammock and enjoy it.
HueyLion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:51 am Reply with quote
WatcherZer wrote:
I still feel cheated they announced Buu then switched to Frieza. Perhaps I will forgive them if it was more for technical production reasons when they tried to sit down and choreograph Buu in the fight though.

That final walk is exactly the same as the poster/teaser several months ago except Frieza was switched with Buu and Tien was moved from the right to the far left to balance the head heights.

Honestly as crewl as it was for this, I reckon it was a smart marketing scheme. Freeza popularity far tops Buu and Japan knew if they gonna pull this crazy arc, they gonna need the top stars of Dragon Ball into this.

I atleast hope now they changed the visuals for the opening nd eye catchers for Freeza
Gamer Goku

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:07 am Reply with quote
HueyLion wrote:
WatcherZer wrote:

Honestly as crewl as it was for this, I reckon it was a smart marketing scheme. Freeza popularity far tops Buu and Japan knew if they gonna pull this crazy arc, they gonna need the top stars of Dragon Ball into this.

I atleast hope now they changed the visuals for the opening nd eye catchers for Freeza

They replaced Buu in the ending theme so I don't see why not.
AmpedForAnime

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:12 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Freeza popularity far tops Buu

Which is odd because I thought over in Japan that silly/funny characters were a lot more preferred over serious characters. Then again Frieza CAN be pretty sadistically funny sometimes.
Baggie_Saiyan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:42 am Reply with quote
AmpedForAnime wrote:
Not in a rush for it to end but does anyone know how many episodes are left? Heard something before the debut about 100 episodes at most. Either way I'm going to prop my hammock and enjoy it.

There is no end in sight that was just a placeholder which Toei got rid of with 'in production" The show will exceed 100 eps as episode titles from magazines have titles up to ep 101.

The show will end when it's not doing well which seems a fair few years yet, it's doing really well.
ETX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Would be good if you included the new Key Visual like the article's title suggests.

penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:18 pm Reply with quote
SageModeKakarot wrote:

Sure he did. But it was in the Exhibition Match.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
theNightster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:23 pm Reply with quote
SageModeKakarot wrote:

hey at least he's finally being useful and getting some focus again, the thing is that Super has pretty much been the "Goku and Vegeta show" up until this point.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:52 am Reply with quote
We have only 3 more scheduled episodes (starting with #97) until the series finale, so Toei should make them count.
Baggie_Saiyan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
We have only 3 more scheduled episodes (starting with #97) until the series finale, so Toei should make them count.

Again there is no series finale. That was only a placeholder. Episode schedules are up to episode 101. The show isn't ending anytime soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1