• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Black Clover TV Anime Premieres This Year

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HueyLion

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:22 am Reply with quote
Oh craaap who would have never seen this coming .-.
Drunk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:57 am Reply with quote
If it's gonna be a seasonal anime, then starting in October is kinda the only possible option left this year.
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:38 am Reply with quote
Considering where we are in the year that much is obvious.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:28 am Reply with quote
Gotta get those toys selling as quickly as possible! Rolling Eyes
SleepyDave

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:05 am Reply with quote
Well, we only have one season left, so it's pretty obvious when its going to air? I always thought maybe Pierot would end Boruto with around 50 Episodes and then start Black Clover which would be the next big thing.
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:49 am Reply with quote
SleepyDave wrote:
Well, we only have one season left, so it's pretty obvious when its going to air? I always thought maybe Pierot would end Boruto with around 50 Episodes and then start Black Clover which would be the next big thing.

No way Boruto was going to end in 50 episodes. The way they've set up some of the stuff kind of hints the anime will last for at least 150-200 episode .
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:07 am Reply with quote
Now that we know the anime is set to air this year, all is left is the No. of episodes and who's going to license it. I have a hunch it is going to be Funimation with Crunchyroll providing subs since as I said before, they are the biggest licensors and given that they have licensed some of the biggest shows of the season (e.g. My Hero Academia, Yuri on Ice!) you can bet they could license Black Clover.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if Viz Media will license this series, even if their Manga division is considered their biggest focus right now along with their anime series (e.g. Naruto/Boruto, Sailor Moon, One-Punch Man etc..). At the same time, they have so far ONLY license the Boruto anime this year, so they might license another to complete their 1-3 anime license a year rule, but we shall see.

Last edited by DisneyXAnimefan95 on Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fruit Punch Samurai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:41 am Reply with quote
So basically this Fall? Hmm, this year's Autumn season sure is packed with brand new shows filled with potential. Music to my ears! Very Happy
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:51 am Reply with quote
DisneyXAnimefan95 wrote:
Now that we know the anime is set to air this year, all is left is the No. of episodes and who's going to license it. I have a hunch it is going to be Funimation with Crunchyroll providing subs since as I said before, they are the biggest licensors and given that they have licensed some of the biggest shows of the season (e.g. My Hero Academia, Yuri on Ice!) you can bet they could license Black Clover.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if Viz Media will license this series, even if their Manga division is considered their biggest focus right now along with their anime series (e.g. Naruto/Boruto, Sailor Moon, One-Punch Man etc..). At the same time they have so far ONLY license the Boruto anime this year, so they might license another to complete their 1-2 anime license a year rule, but we shall see.

What if One-Punch Man 2 comes out this Fall?
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:47 pm Reply with quote
64BitRatchet wrote:
DisneyXAnimefan95 wrote:

Although I wouldn't be surprised if Viz Media will license this series, even if their Manga division is considered their biggest focus right now along with their anime series (e.g. Naruto/Boruto, Sailor Moon, One-Punch Man etc..). At the same time they have so far ONLY license the Boruto anime this year, so they might license another to complete their 1-3 anime license a year rule, but we shall see.

What if One-Punch Man 2 comes out this Fall?

I don't know, they haven't announced ANY new info regarding Season 2 of One-Punch Man and I doubt it will come out in the Fall.
AkaRed

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait for the anime Cool
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:06 pm Reply with quote
OH MAN! WHAT?! THIS YEAR? HYPE! I hope they give this the same treatment in term of quality animation as they are doing with Boruto. Because damn does Boruto look good.

Also I pray to the anime gods! PLEASE let FUNIMATION AND CRUNCHYROLL licence this. Sentai just won't let me see the simulcast and VIZ while not bad will take years to release a dub.

Netflix will definitely not get this.
pikabot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Time for the most generic shonen manga on the market to become the most generic shonen anime, I guess.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1