• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Tsuki ga Kirei Character Designer loundraw's Graduation Anime Stars Hiro Shimono, Sora Ama

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaitoHajime101

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Wow... that is impressive. I really liked the character designs in this short. Ioundraw needs to be involved in more anime films now. Almost reminds me of Sadamoto Yoshiyuki's character designs, but with different strength in lines. I wonder how much assistance the other companies like Aniplex provided.

Last edited by SaitoHajime101 on Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:39 pm Reply with quote
An original anime's creators, for both legal/copyright reasons and all practical purposes, would be the director, series composer, script writer, and character designer. So, Ioundraw is a co-creator of one of my favorite romance and dres this nice short. Seriously, this plot sounds like it should be an actual full-length single cour TV show.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Damn that was a really cool video. And this guy has EXCELLENT taste in music. Legit two of my favorite BUMP songs of all time. And I'm sure people here already know how much I love BUMP as a whole >.>, so I really really love those songs. I kinda hope this gets expanded but I doubt it will. Either way, it shows he's got some stuff stirring in his brain. "The future of Japanese anime is bright" for sure. His designs feel really old school and I love it.

edit: I really like his lighting and camera angles in this.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:55 am Reply with quote
A 7/14/17 goboiano.com article called "The 15 Most Satisfying Spring Anime Voted by Japanese Fans" (by Baam Amaam) had TgK earn the #1 spot with nearly 3980 votes. Nice![/i]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1