• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Girlfriend is Shobitch Anime Reveals Cast, Staff, Fall Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:24 am Reply with quote
Aside from Aoi... DAT CAST! Can't wait to hear the OP song.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:26 am Reply with quote
Ugh, why do they have to cast a stellar lead in Yuki Aoi?!
I also wonder why did she accept this kind of proposal... The title's suppose to drive prolific VAs out of this series.
ptj_tsubasa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:45 am Reply with quote
Saku-dono wrote:
I also wonder why did she accept this kind of proposal... The title's suppose to drive prolific VAs out of this series.

So how do you know it'll be a bad show?
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:35 am Reply with quote
ptj_tsubasa wrote:

Well, I'm pretty sure you know the answer yourself. Besides, all I said was the title's pretty unbecoming. I never said about it being a surefire bad title Cool
D.E.D.E

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:37 am Reply with quote
ptj_tsubasa wrote:
Saku-dono wrote:

It's just another classic case of ignorant people judging a book by its cover without having read a single page from it. Apparently a lot of people on this site think it's the 'in' thing to do
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:59 am Reply with quote
#810704 wrote:

It's just another classic case of ignorant people judging a book by its cover without having read a single page from it. Apparently a lot of people on this site think it's the 'in' thing to do

Well, thanks for calling me ignorant, sir. You have the insight, I get it now.
I was ignorant even after reading 42 chapters. Thus I was unable to take everything in account. Laughing

Last edited by Saku-dono on Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Random Name

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:10 am Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to this I just really hope they change the English title. I imagine it will turn off more then a few people.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:50 am Reply with quote
Saku-dono wrote:

Would it be anything like Yukari Tamura and Yui Horie in B Gata H Kei which roughly translate to "B Type Slut"?

Sadly, "bitch" in Japan just doesn't have the same meaning in the west. In fact, it's quite a bit closer to the "H Kei" in B Gata H Kei. What they're aiming for is "My Girlfriend is an Easy/promiscuous Virgin".

I like the idea... and I already have it on my DVD shelf under the title of B Gata H Kei. Except...

Quote:
With nothing left to lose

"With two months left to live" is grounds for "With nothing left to lose". Isn't this just "taking a chance"?
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Her waist goes all the way down.
Alcest

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Saku-dono wrote:

Would it be anything like Yukari Tamura and Yui Horie in B Gata H Kei which roughly translate to "B Type Slut"?

Sadly, "bitch" in Japan just doesn't have the same meaning in the west. In fact, it's quite a bit closer to the "H Kei" in B Gata H Kei. What they're aiming for is "My Girlfriend is an Easy/promiscuous Virgin".

The "English-speaking West", not the "West". Non-English speakers believe that bitch is synonymous of whore/slut in the West as well. Every language has "son of a whore" as go-to mother-targeting insult expect English.
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:33 am Reply with quote
#810704 wrote:
ptj_tsubasa wrote:
Saku-dono wrote:

Nah. Most of the time, experienced anime watchers should be able to tell whether an anime is crap or not based on the premise with high accuracy. Imho, from the looks of it, it seems that this show is lacking any depth just like "Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashiinda ga", "Shomin Sample", "Oniai", etc.
Random Name

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:55 am Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:

Nah. Most of the time, experienced anime watchers should be able to tell whether an anime is crap or not based on the premise with high accuracy.
Seems like a good way to limit yourself and miss out on something good. You can do what you want but I know for me there have been more then a few anime that I thought were going to be crap and blew me away.
harminia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Saku-dono wrote:

I'm pretty sure Aho-Girl isn't the pinnacle of anime culture either but she's in that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1