• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aria English Dub Kickstarter Meets Stretch Goal for Aria the Natural Part 2

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Yay! Veronica's back! Man, a bunch of 4Kids actors are in this, not that that's a bad thing. They can do great work when given a good script to work with, so I'm excited for this dub! Very Happy
Zeino

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Bet you they can get the Origination funded in less then 13 days as well.
Northlander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:29 pm Reply with quote
And then it blasts through the next two stretch goals just like that. (Though that might have to do with people upgrading their pledges so they'll get the two Natural boxes too. I'm pretty darn 99.999999% sure I'm not the only one.)
gravediggernalk
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:54 pm Reply with quote
I hope they can get everything sorted soon to give people an idea of how much more is needed to finish off the entire series.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:00 pm Reply with quote
That is great news and I am surprised they haven't announced the stretch goal for season 3.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Chrono1000 wrote:
That is great news and I am surprised they haven't announced the stretch goal for season 3.

I think that would be at the 300K tier. I will be surprised if we don't get to $300K+ by Sunday.

Backer BluePikmin11 posted this
Quote:
Speculation on next stretch goals:
$280K - More Guidebook upgrades
$340K - Season 3
$400K - Aria Remaining OVAs
Excited for tomorrow!

Reaching $400K at this point is perhaps more of what would be a miracle at this point.
lemurs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Since they've been doing $60K per 13 episodes, that'll put the Origination closer to $300K. Even the OVAs are only about 4 episodes worth of content between the Arietta and Avvenire, which shouldn't push the total that high.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Chrono1000 wrote:

I think that would be at the 300K tier. I will be surprised if we don't get to $300K+ by Sunday.

Backer BluePikmin11 posted this
Quote:
Speculation on next stretch goals:
$280K - More Guidebook upgrades
$340K - Season 3
$400K - Aria Remaining OVAs
Excited for tomorrow!

Reaching $400K at this point is perhaps more of what would be a miracle at this point.

Another reason for the question mark is that the most recent OVAs aren't licensed. And that thought raises the question I should have asked at the start of this: Shouldn't the idea of dubbing the entire franchise come up once it all got licensed, not before? The question was in the back of my mind but I just assumed they had it and it was one of the reasons they were going to dub the BDs.
TEXASenpai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:42 pm Reply with quote
I need to back soon.
Kb24lol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Whats the purpose of this show? Is it just a bland slice of life? All i see is female characters.
Set1229

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait to see this. I finished the first season, but had difficulty remembering lots of things.

Can't wait for the dub to clear it up!

That little cat president mug will b... MINE.

Besides, Yui Makino sings in it, always a nice bonus.

Thanks to Sayaka Ohara for saying this show was one of her favorites she worked on in old interviews! Means a lot to this fan.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:16 pm Reply with quote
@Kb24lol

It is what is generally called "healing" anime. It is intended to de-stress you. There is no action, no violence no high drama. Just a quiet slice of life in a recreation of Venice on a terraformed Mars. The primary characters are all female. There are a few males in supporting roles.

The first season is available on Crunchyroll. If it sounds interesting you should try it.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:57 pm Reply with quote
I hope the Kickstarter for Season 3 won't be too much of a challenge...
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:58 pm Reply with quote
My latest post on the Comments section: "There are a total of 5 OVA episodes, bringing the total episode count to nearly 57. An important thing to remember is it will take time to dub all of them, assuming the 3rd season and OVA are put on the next tier. However, I think that will happen. If I have to wait until 2019 to watch those 57 on a streaming site like Crunchyroll (if streaming rights are obtained), so be it."
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:38 am Reply with quote
The 300k goal is up and its for the guidebook to include season three. Still nothing about the season itself though Noizumi continues to post "Fund me" videos on youtube... that in total have gotten less... much, much less... views than Glass Reflection's recent Aria "dub suggestion"/review/unsolicited Kickstarter video.

I don't know what's going on anymore. It's safe to say it was... is?.... a success but it's time for them to stop playing coy and come out and say if there's a problem.

The chipboard box will fit what they will release so they have to know ahead of time, when they release season 1 and those boxes ship, what their dubbed Aria collection will include. And how big they'll be. So...

Oh wait. Is a License/Dub Kickstarter different from just a dub one? And what if they want to add those OVAs to season three?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2