• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Hoshin Engi Anime Reveals Staff, More of Cast, Title, Video, Debut Date

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AkaRed

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:22 am Reply with quote
Animation doesn't look bad I'm quite intrigued by this anime.... wait that's a Weekly Shonen Jump manga ok I'll put in future Binge to watch list Cool
dark13

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:42 am Reply with quote
I love how they their trying to modernize Soul Hunter and they think by adding generic music in the background like its going to work, look japan let it be some 90s anime should just be left alone there is a reason 90% of the people don't know what it is.
Nodz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:06 am Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:
I love how they their trying to modernize Soul Hunter and they think by adding generic music in the background like its going to work, look japan let it be some 90s anime should just be left alone there is a reason 90% of the people don't know what it is.

What???
They are adapting a manga for the second time, and this time, it is being created in 2017-2018, so obviously the technics changed, music changed, and the new anime will have its own identity, as the two Hunter x Hunter were different.

Anyway, the teaser looks very promising and this with Nanatsu no Taizai are in my top list.
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:33 pm Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:
I for one think this is one best given a complete adaption of the manga after all these years. when the original anime was made the manga wasn't don yet and the anime's gekko ending wasn't near as good and satisfying as the manga's ending.

plus I remember some years back when they first were talking of remaking the anime they did a kind of poll to see if there was actual interest in it from the fans and it did go beyond the number of votes it needed to get serious consideration to actually get a new adaption. meaning enough people do remember it and probably remember it with good reason.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm Reply with quote
AkaRed wrote:
Animation doesn't look bad I'm quite intrigued by this anime.... wait that's a Weekly Shonen Jump manga ok I'll put in future Binge to watch list Cool

This isn't your usual Shonen Jump action series though.

Anyway, they chose a veteran animation director as the series director. C-Station, the animation studio, is finally making its comeback. This might not be bad at all.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Ill be honest its been a while since I saw the anime and read the manga, but I cant tell any difference in character design from the original. I for one actual think that is a good thing.

I always thought Tenchi other than the story was kind of hurt by the updated character design. There is a reason a lot of jrpgs are still retro because people like those kind of graphics as well.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm slightly worried about the fact that C-Station are also doing Yuru Camp in Winter, you know, small studios, suddenly doing 2 shows in the same season is usually a bad combo. It could just be that they've been working on both for a longer time, but I guess we just got to hope for the best? 2 cours would be great.
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Trailer looked good. So Dakki looked So Finne. Looking forward to this in January.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1