• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Endride BD+DVD part 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SailorPluto1313

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:52 am Reply with quote
In the end, it all comes down to opinion, as I enjoyed this anime immensely, flaws and all, but to each their own. Very Happy
donhumberto

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:28 am Reply with quote
^^ Totally agree. I enjoyed the series just fine and don't get all the hate it gets. It was actually a very enjoyable old school adventure with almost zero otaku crap (which is kind of a miracle nowadays)
belvadeer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:29 am Reply with quote
The second half's big reveal and twists are all pretty good despite the show's slow burn and generic fantasy anime trappings. I need to pick up both Blu-Rays for the dub.
wolf10

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:35 pm Reply with quote
ANN hasn't caught the news yet, but Endride -x fragments-, the smartphone RPG this anime was created as a commercial/prequel for, is ending service in two weeks. I have never seen a series so desperate to squander its own characters and twists. As much as I enjoyed it, it really just didn't want to succeed.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:52 pm Reply with quote
My personal opinion of Endride is that it had the misfortune of being created in the wrong format, in the wrong decade.

If this had been made as a JRPG for the Playstation 2 ten years ago, it would have been perfectly fine.
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:04 am Reply with quote
SailorPluto1313 wrote:
In the end, it all comes down to opinion, as I enjoyed this anime immensely, flaws and all, but to each their own. Very Happy

true enough. it was never meant to be an action based series ala like some certain shonen jump titles so i wouldnt necessarily give the fight scenes a negative score. was it pretty? hardly! but it definitely wasnt that lame like other fantasy based series.

and while it definitely have some flaws, it was a decent enough of a series.

however at best, its more or less a rental cause of those said flaws and plotholes. but it definitely had a decent enough of a conclusion where it could have easily given out a massive so so ending or WORSE! an incomplete ending ala some anime series that are adapted from some light novels, teasing us with a possibility of a sequel.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Key

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:00 am Reply with quote
Yeah, the fact that it did finish the story is something that I should have listed as a plus, as that's more than most fantasy anime series do.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1