• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Retro Sega Controllers Come Back with Bluetooth Compatibility

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Thinking about getting a couple of these for my Dreamcast... depends on the price, though. If they're priced like controllers for current-gen systems, then forget it.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:27 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't mind that too much if they're actually as good as they look. The USB Sega Saturn pad market in particular got deluged with knock offs, and the real ones are comically expensive, so if it's better than that and works as well, it'll be a great deal.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Kicksville wrote:
I wouldn't mind that too much if they're actually as good as they look. The USB Sega Saturn pad market in particular got deluged with knock offs, and the real ones are comically expensive, so if it's better than that and works as well, it'll be a great deal.

For Sega Saturn USB needs, I use a Mayflash SS Controller Adapter along with the "Enjoyable" keymapping app.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:26 am Reply with quote
A fair option - I know people accuse Mayflash adapters of input lag, but rarely is it actually backed up with any evidence. That said, not having to use an adapter at all is ideal. Since I don't have one yet, I'll be waiting to see how this pans out.
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Looking at that controllers got me feeling nostalgic. I have no reason to buy them, but that look great.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:16 pm Reply with quote
B-but...where're the joysticks? They forgot to put them on! Shocked

(Seriously, my post-Playstation hands had to adjust when I was playing Sega's Genesis Collection disk on the PS3, that everything had to be done with the four little arrow buttons now...)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1