• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cutie Honey Universe Anime's 2nd Promo Video Reveals Main Cast, April Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1dbad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:59 am Reply with quote
Man, we don't even know what all anime will be airing this spring and I already have a lot of titles I plan to follow. But I am glad this is premiering sooner rather than later, since I'm really excited for it.

I'm liking the designs so far. But who is the blond guy beside Honey in the PV?
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:13 am Reply with quote
I'd guess he's either a sexed up Seiji or his replacement.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:35 am Reply with quote
So...Netflix or FUNi?

I kinda like the idea of Netflix just buying a buttload of new Go Nagai/Dynamic Pro series’s. I still want my 1/1 of Getter Robo (I know it’s Ken Ishikawa, but Dynamic Pro is the steward of the series now that he’s passed).
1dbad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:25 am Reply with quote
I'd rather FUNi so we could get a simulcast/simuldub. But I could see Netflix being interested in this after Crybaby.
StarFan13

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:33 am Reply with quote
1dbad wrote:
Man, we don't even know what all anime will be airing this spring and I already have a lot of titles I plan to follow. But I am glad this is premiering sooner rather than later, since I'm really excited for it.

I'm liking the designs so far. But who is the blond guy beside Honey in the PV?

I Don't Know
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:43 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
So...Netflix or FUNi?
I do not know if Cutie Honey is mainstream enough in America for Funimation. I know Strike has gone, but there is always a chance Amazon may get it. OR even that it won't get licensed, seeing as Shin was the only one to ever get dubbed.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:53 am Reply with quote
The character designs and animation look really good. I've never seen any previous Cutie Honey works so this is a good time for me to get into the franchise now.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:21 pm Reply with quote
So, just to make sure, is this anime going to be a re-adaptation of the original manga by Go Nagai? Because this voice cast has now definitely grabbed my interest towards this series.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
So...Netflix or FUNi?

I kinda like the idea of Netflix just buying a buttload of new Go Nagai/Dynamic Pro series’s. I still want my 1/1 of Getter Robo (I know it’s Ken Ishikawa, but Dynamic Pro is the steward of the series now that he’s passed).

Better for Amazon Prime, CR, Funi, or Sentai to get it then to binge watch it on Netflix.
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:09 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
I do not know if Cutie Honey is mainstream enough in America for Funimation. I know Strike has gone, but there is always a chance Amazon may get it. OR even that it won't get licensed, seeing as Shin was the only one to ever get dubbed.

The live-action Anno movie was also dubbed back when Bandai had it.
ChrissyC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Visually impressive to hell and back.
Keytee1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Fancy Honey is my favorite here, i always love fabulous girls, especially in anime Anime smile
positronic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:57 am Reply with quote
So Idol Honey (I got the impression she was supposed to be a stewardess/flight attendant, but that uniform makes her look more like a Girl Scout, or an old-time movie theater usher) is still considered one of Honey's seven 'basic' transformations. I always thought that was strange, since she only ever appeared briefly in a single episode of the original series, while all six of the others appeared multiple times over the 25-episode series.

Another thing I always wondered about was the Honey transformation in the original series' opening title sequence where she appears as a brown-skinned girl with black hair holding a microphone (who then quickly changes to a light-skinned girl with lavender hair; otherwise same design -- and then quickly moves forward to the right, out of camera shot). I kept looking for that version of Honey to appear somewhere in an episode as I watched the original series, but never saw her.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1