• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy Game to Launch for Nintendo Switch

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ickybott555

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Thank God, I am saving up for the switch because this is amazing!!
tintor2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Nice. I think Nintendo hasn't had a Naruto game in a lot of years
Nyren

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:45 pm Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 for Wii would be the last I believe.
Primus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
tintor2 wrote:

There were two 3DS games.
Double Mangekyo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:

Actually, it was 2012's Naruto SD Powerful Shippūden (3DS).
If we don't count that one there was 2011's Naruto Shippūden 3D: The New Era (3DS).
The last non-portable Nintendo console game was 2010's Naruto Shippūden: Gekitō Ninja Taisen! Special (Wii). It was never released outside of Japan though.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Great, now I really need a Switch. Hopefully the price goes down holiday season.

But still, they couldn’t do Legacy instead and get all four games (especially since the fourth is supposed to be the best)? And where’s Shinobi Striker News?
Nyren

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Great, now I really need a Switch. Hopefully the price goes down holiday season.

But still, they couldn’t do Legacy instead and get all four games (especially since the fourth is supposed to be the best)? And where’s Shinobi Striker News?
It'll probably take more time to port Storm 4 due to the fact that it's a current-gen game. The first 3 games are last gen and can definitely run on Switch, so they were likely easier to port.
Grasser1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:16 am Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:

According to the article, this is a Japan exclusive at the moment, and Japan never got Legacy; they only got Trilogy. So, maybe if it’s brought Stateside, it’ll end up being Legacy.
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:17 am Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
It'll probably take more time to port Storm 4 due to the fact that it's a current-gen game. The first 3 games are last gen and can definitely run on Switch, so they were likely easier to port.

Also had 4 been released together with them, it probably would have gotten the digital voucher treatment that affected Resident Evil Revelations 2, Bayonetta 1 (which got a second cartridge only in Japan) & Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 (the worst offender right here) because Storm 4 is a very big game.

Storm Trilogy - 18.29GB
Storm 4 - 41.87GB

With Nintendo's maximum Switch cart size being 32GB right now, Bamco will need to do a lot more compressing with 4 than with Trilogy in order for it to fit.
Primus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:

Switch likely can't run UNS4 at a very acceptable level. This trilogy is running at 540p on the machine and those are all last gen games.
Nyren

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
Gemnist wrote:

Switch likely can't run UNS4 at a very acceptable level. This trilogy is running at 540p on the machine and those are all last gen games.
Where'd you get that 540p number from? And that sounds odd considering the Switch is somewhat more powerful than the Wii U, which itself was somewhat more powerful than both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. So it really doesn't make sense as to why the games would be, in any way, downgraded for the Switch.
Primus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
Where'd you get that 540p number from?

Bandai Namco.
Nyren

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
Nyren wrote:
Where'd you get that 540p number from?

Bandai Namco.
Ah, handheld mode. Okay, that explains it then. TV mode looks like 900p. Still higher than the 720p of last gen, but lower than the 1080p of standard current-gen. That's acceptable. The framerate will really be what to look at.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:

Actually 3 is the better game of the four, four suffered a bit as a consequence of it being used to (properly) tie up the fourth ninja war arc....though hey at least they made the Sound Four, Konohamaru, and Hanabi playable after four games Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1