• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Infinite Stratos Light Novel Series Ends in 13th Volume

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Afezeria

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:11 am Reply with quote
Thanks to God. And no, a third season is hardly necessary, but judging by how popular and well sold this franchise is...
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:29 am Reply with quote
You know, I know this isn't the only series to have the gimmick of "only women can use the plot magic, except for Our Hero" -- are there any where the female-flavored magic is undervalued by society, and Our Hero finds his personal attunement to it shameful due to cultural conditioning, until he starts learning from a bunch of awesome women who help him realize the women's-work stigma is ridiculous?

It just seems like a plot contrivance that has potential to be so much more than a plot contrivance.
GhostD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:29 am Reply with quote
Sounds more like it got the axe than anything else
BalmungHHQ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:06 am Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:

Um... no??
Infinite Stratos is a big seller for Overlap. (Vol.11 got over 20,000 first week sales last year, via Oricon)
The series has just reached its conclusion.
GhostD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:28 am Reply with quote
BalmungHHQ wrote:
GhostD wrote:

Um... no??
Infinite Stratos is a big seller for Overlap. (Vol.11 got over 20,000 first week sales last year, via Oricon)
The series has just reached its conclusion.

That was partly a joke. I stopped reading after vol 9 so I didn't think Yumizuru could end it so soon and warp it up without feeling rushed though I have no way of knowing that either
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:45 am Reply with quote
I heard Yumizuru had health issues. Seeing it's his most prominent work, it's probably ending partly because of that.

I'm glad the novels are licensed though.
ShanaChanTT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:38 am Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
Thanks to God. And no, a third season is hardly necessary, but judging by how popular and well sold this franchise is...

do you dislike IS?

I hope IS gets a 3rd season/ conclusion in anime form because I hate series that are open ended for me and I never get an ending because they're either ended in manga or LN form and I cant read it
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:07 am Reply with quote
ShanaChanTT wrote:
I hope IS gets a 3rd season/ conclusion in anime form because I hate series that are open ended for me and I never get an ending because they're either ended in manga or LN form and I cant read it

Isn't that one of the main purposes of anime adaptations, and to some degree manga adaptations of light novels? To advertise the source material?
TheMorry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:43 am Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
ShanaChanTT wrote:

Isn't that one of the main purposes of anime adaptations, and to some degree manga adaptations of light novels? To advertise the source material?
Yes and no. There are enough manga and light novels that get multiple seasons and sometimes even get the whole thing adapted. It's not as black and white as you put it lol.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:55 am Reply with quote
Good. I don't hate a lot of things but I did hate this series.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:07 am Reply with quote
Good, now make that 3rd season already.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:51 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Good. I don't hate a lot of things but I did hate this series.
And yet you ,along with others here, need to comment on it. I honestly don't understand people sometimes. If i don't like something I ignore it and don't bother commenting on it.But yea, who am I?
Slashman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:06 pm Reply with quote
I just want to know if the main character got ANYWHERE with ANY of the females! Or is the ending still an "all have an equal shot" harem setup?
ShanaChanTT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:36 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
Blanchimont wrote:
ShanaChanTT wrote:

Yes and no. There are enough manga and light novels that get multiple seasons and sometimes even get the whole thing adapted. It's not as black and white as you put it lol.

There are majority series that never end in anime it usually have an on-going LN/ Manga series. That never gets fully translated/ completed. Im looking at you Btoom and Black Lagoon
ShanaChanTT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
ShanaChanTT wrote:

well yes but you also want closure/ an ending in anime form. NOt everyone has access to LNs manga here in the USA.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2