• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Promised Neverland Manga Gets Novel About Norman in June

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemnist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Aaaaaaaand anime?
Valjean

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Aaaaaaaand anime?

My heart leaped out of my chest when I saw the thumbnail because that's what I thought it was. What's taking them so long to adapt it, I wonder? I keep ranting and raving about it to my brother who doesn't read manga. New chapters come out weekly, so with a little padding here and there the anime could definitely stay behind schedule.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:03 pm Reply with quote
^There's already some evidence floating that an anime has been greenlit, but even if it wasn't it's not like it's been an inordinate amount of time since the series started. It launched in August of 2016, meaning it hasn't even been running for 2 full years yet. While MHA got announced extraordinarily early, all of the other recent WSJ anime (Black Clover, Hinamaru Zumo, Yuuna of the Haunted Hot Springs) were announced well after their respective manga had been out for at least 2 years.
Calico

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Okay, I'm glad that it's not about spoiler[Norman's time at the facility after he's shipped out.] That should be saved for the main series.

Also, @ the people wondering when the anime will happen, there was just recently news of a website domain being registered for a supposed anime adaptation. Be patient, news will come soon.
Valjean

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:55 am Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:
^There's already some evidence floating that an anime has been greenlit, but even if it wasn't it's not like it's been an inordinate amount of time since the series started. It launched in August of 2016, meaning it hasn't even been running for 2 full years yet. While MHA got announced extraordinarily early, all of the other recent WSJ anime (Black Clover, Hinamaru Zumo, Yuuna of the Haunted Hot Springs) were announced well after their respective manga had been out for at least 2 years.

Calico wrote:
Okay, I'm glad that it's not about spoiler[Norman's time at the facility after he's shipped out.] That should be saved for the main series.

Also, @ the people wondering when the anime will happen, there was just recently news of a website domain being registered for a supposed anime adaptation. Be patient, news will come soon.

Sweet! I can't wait to tell my brother and force him to watch it, haha.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Calico wrote:

Yeah, I was worried that they were going to do that. Actually, I assumed they were going to do that and mentally went, "Oh, come on! Why do you lock the manga's audience out of important information?"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1