• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Laid-Back Camp—Episodes 1-12 streaming

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:22 am Reply with quote
My favorite show from the last season. I enjoyed watching these silly but charming girls and their camping adventures. I am still surprised that Laid-Back Camp did not get the simuldub treatment because it is a solid show. But since Crunchyroll is a co-producer of this show, I assume it will have a BD release.
meiam

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:35 am Reply with quote
Yeah it's a great show. While it might seems like it would be just another slice of life, like the review said, the Rin segment offer something pretty unique. For one Rin is a loner who isn't shown to be sad and secretly wishing for more friend, she just enjoy taking solo trips because they offer something unique for her. That might not seem like much but in the high school/slice of life show that's pretty darn unique.
Asterisk-CGY

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Also important is how her space is respected by Nadeshiko.
Northlander

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:59 am Reply with quote
As well as the other girls, save maybe Ena that one time she ratted out Rin's camping spot to Nadeshiko. I don't remember if the show said it outright, but it's entirely possible they tried recruiting Rin to their club, but she (obviously) said no, and the others haven't really pursued it any further. Aoi even offered Nadeshiko some insight on how she interpreted Rin's desire to solo camp, and it was a nicely neutral take on it.

I don't think the review mentioned it, but I found their phone messaging exchanges pretty hilarious, whether they included pictures or not.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1