• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How Keiichi Sigsawa Went From Writing Kino's Journey to Sword Art Online Alternative

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
, no harem,

Obligatory reminder that SAO has no Harem. Kirito has a Girlfriend and unless the definition of Harem changed, then as i kid i also had one.

Aside from that, great article! Very Happy
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:36 pm Reply with quote
What a swell and splendid article. He’s doing a great job right now with SAO GGO and it’s heartening to see him appearing to really enjoy what he does. Nice job, Kim Morrissy. Smile
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:16 pm Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
Obligatory reminder that SAO has no Harem. Kirito has a Girlfriend and unless the definition of Harem changed, then as i kid i also had one.

I mean, Kaoru Sakuraba has a fiancee yet Ai Yori Aoshi is a harem (according to the ANN encyclopedia)
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
AksaraKishou wrote:

I mean, Kaoru Sakuraba has a fiancee yet Ai Yori Aoshi is a harem (according to the ANN encyclopedia)

I mean, the dude didn't really agree to the engagement if i remember correctly. Kirito and Asuna are in a relationship on their own terms... might be wrong tho.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Joshua Zarate wrote:
What a swell and splendid article. He’s doing a great job right now with SAO GGO and it’s heartening to see him appearing to really enjoy what he does. Nice job, Kim Morrissy. Smile
Me too! Didn't know the guy, love GGO, now a fan...
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 1:05 am Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
Quote:
, no harem,

Aside from that, great article! Very Happy

Harem series have to have at least 3 members of the opposite sex. It's also possible to have a harem series where the main guy is already with the main girl. Belldandy/Keiichi, Kaoru/Aoi, and Asuna/Kirito are 3 examples that come to mind.
SaneSavantElla

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 6:38 am Reply with quote
Quote:
no overpowered protagonist

Well this isn't exactly true. In fact, the original three protagonists (Kino, Shizu, and Master) are so OP each of them can be considered as a one-man army. There are stories depicting them decimating special forces, entire armies, and even entire countries...
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 7:11 am Reply with quote
Very interesting rundown. My favorite part had to be the story behind how Sigsawa got permission to write SAO:GGO through the producer of Kino suggesting him to make sure out of all of SAO's inaccuracies, the gun mechanics in GGO weren't one of them. I freaking love industry stories like that.
Actar

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 2:25 am Reply with quote
SaneSavantElla wrote:
Quote:
no overpowered protagonist

Well this isn't exactly true. In fact, the original three protagonists (Kino, Shizu, and Master) are so OP each of them can be considered as a one-man army. There are stories depicting them decimating special forces, entire armies, and even entire countries...

That's a good point. That's in fact one or the reasons I love Kino. The juxtaposition of her calm demeanor and bad-ass skills.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1