• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ongaku Shōjo TV Anime's 1st Promo Video Reveals July 6 Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Afezeria

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:51 am Reply with quote
All girls, mate, all girls! Yeah!
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:57 am Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
All girls, mate, all girls! Yeah!

Not sure if you are pretending to be blind or something but there is a guy in it. This is already inferior to the OVA that was yuriful. Another crime shame that this has become a self-insert anime.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:07 am Reply with quote
Well, actually I posted that before checking the pv but I'm just gonna be lenient about it and assumed the best thing. I don't really wanna be that bad of a pessimist when it comes to this. I already posted my stand on that matter in another thread. To reminisce, I don't mind if there's dude if he's into supporting roles, like Honoka's dad, or that brother from the Non non Biyori whom aren't even given a voice. If there's no romantic het crap, I can still enjoy the content. You are me shared a little bit of mutual interest, but I wanted to avoid from being too negative. Not like I have any trouble with your way of thinking, mind you, as we're all free to embark in our own mindset.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:17 am Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
Well, actually I posted that before checking the pv but I'm just gonna be lenient about it and assumed the best thing. I don't really wanna be that bad of a pessimist when it comes to this. I already posted my stand on that matter in another thread. To reminisce, I don't mind if there's dude if he's into supporting roles, like Honoka's dad, or that brother from the Non non Biyori whom aren't even given a voice. If there's no romantic het crap, I can still enjoy the content. You are me shared a little bit of mutual interest, but I wanted to avoid from being too negative. Not like I have any trouble with your way of thinking, mind you, as we're all free to embark in our own mindset.

I do not mind guys in supporting roles either but that brother from NNB appears in almost every episode so it feels like he is there to be the self-insert guy. Not to mention there are girls who have slight feelings for him. If that is not the case, then why did the author even bother creating him in the first place? I really find that brother to be an eyesore.

It is such a disappointment that the OVA has nice yuri teasing but this anime has turned into another typical anime with self-insert. I am getting tired of some anime following the footsteps of Idolmaster like Uma Musume and BanG Dream and Japan's blatant disrespect towards the yuri genre and fans like Little Witch Academia, Two Car, and Amanchu.

Last edited by John Hayabusa on Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:19 am Reply with quote
As long as the producer is not getting hit on, it shouldn't even be an issue and there could still be some yuri like in the OVA (I just wish they kept Haru as a main character, a bratty lead was a breath of fresh air over the standard good girl lead). The girls look better than the ones in Idolmaster though.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:59 am Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
Wait,what? I didn't remember anyone having a slight feeling for that muted brother. Then again, I didn't finished the second season because I was too distraught by how cute Komari was that it almost literally kills me. You know, moe can actually kill! Well, beside that, I realized your point there but as long as there's no literal ship sailing and the girls just kept having fun one way or another, and Renge could still offers us with her own peculiar adventures, I'm just gonna kept watching. True, he might existed as a self insert character but he doesn't bother me enough to call it out. Sorry to see it has hindered your enjoyment toward that series however. As for the rest, yeah, those shows have their own pandering motive to make but hey, at least we're still getting legit all girls shows every now and then. With how much money Yuru Camp had made, including Love Live, Girls und Punzer and Sora Yori even debuted in a particularly great rate of success, the future of anime with themes that we both loved and shared mutual interest in is not gonna go away anytime soon, I'm sure of that.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:40 am Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
Wait,what? I didn't remember anyone having a slight feeling for that muted brother. Then again, I didn't finished the second season because I was too distraught by how cute Komari was that it almost literally kills me. You know, moe can actually kill! Well, beside that, I realized your point there but as long as there's no literal ship sailing and the girls just kept having fun one way or another, and Renge could still offers us with her own peculiar adventures, I'm just gonna kept watching. True, he might existed as a self insert character but he doesn't bother me enough to call it out. Sorry to see it has hindered your enjoyment toward that series however. As for the rest, yeah, those shows have their own pandering motive to make but hey, at least we're still getting legit all girls shows every now and then. With how much money Yuru Camp had made, including Love Live, Girls und Punzer and Sora Yori even debuted in a particularly great rate of success, the future of anime with themes that we both loved and shared mutual interest in is not gonna go away anytime soon, I'm sure of that.

There was an OVA where Renge mentioned that she had a crush on the brother and Natsumi had a bit of it for him in the anime. Anyway, I applaud you for mentioning those amazing CGDCT series. K-On, Yuru Yuri, and Kemono Friends are amazing too.
Blackiris_

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:43 am Reply with quote
Of all the Anime Mirai / Anime Tamago / Young Animator Training Projects, this one was easily the most uninspired, if you ask me. And yes, adding a self-insert male protagonist definitely doesn't make it more promising. Though I guess that's much more uncommon for idol animes than an all-female cast.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:45 am Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
There was an OVA where Renge mentioned that she had a crush on the brother and Natsumi had a bit of it for him in the anime. Anyway, I applaud you for mentioning those amazing CGDCT series. K-On, Yuru Yuri, and Kemono Friends are amazing too.
Okay, what? Like seriously? Renge has absolutely no frickin reason to be attached to that brother. That doesn't make any sense. Now I understood your frustration, I would've flipped out myself. Well, I'm gonna continue watching the anime soon, and I'm just hoping that nonsense isn't mention again in the future. Natsumi does seems like someone that likes talking about boys a lot so there's hardly anything weird there.

All right, thanks man. Gochuumon and Kiniro Mosaic isn't bad themselves as well. CGDCT will keep on going!
Heishi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:51 am Reply with quote
I just hope there will be darker CGDCT series, if you know what I mean...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1