• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyo Ghoul:re Manga Ends in 3 Chapters

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:06 am Reply with quote
I'll give them credit, announcing both a conclusion and another season at the same time wasn't quite what I was expecting. It's cool that we won't have to wait long for the anime. 2018 was already set to be a big year for sequels, but now this and Overlord are getting more within the same year. It does make sense to keep going with Tokyo Ghoul right away. There is sufficient material to adapt, and the publisher is likely to see a benefit since it will correspond with the end of the manga.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:52 am Reply with quote
With the current pace of the anime we can even hope for a third season of Re, or 2 cour for the next season if they plan to adapt the rest of the manga
Nodz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:52 am Reply with quote
We already knew that for some days now.
About the season 2 of the anime, I hope it won"t try to adapt the rest of the manga, it would be horrible. A season 3 is necesary to have a correct adaptation (or maybe a 24-episodes season 2).
Chocoreto

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I am happy it's finally ending, but on the other hand, I am pretty sad because this basically confirmed that it can do no better.

Tokyo Ghoul was an interesting series with likable characters and some pretty heavy themes. One you'd expect to be ground-breaking and innovative.Instead, it followed some pretty standard and cliched patterns and it failed to meet expectations for anything truly serious or important. Basically, it all came down to: "Love conquers all. Family is precious." Well SHIT, that was the message of freaking FROZEN!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad message by itself, it's just a message which we've seen... about a quadrillion of times before? In every possible medium there is? I dare to say that I expected it something more from Tokyo Ghoul, and it failed me miserably. One of the biggest disappointments so far. Thank God Gintama got its groove back in the last couple of chapters and Attack on Titan still goes as strong as ever. I hope I won't jinx them both!
Kokushibou

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
I'll give them credit, announcing both a conclusion and another season at the same time wasn't quite what I was expecting. It's cool that we won't have to wait long for the anime. 2018 was already set to be a big year for sequels, but now this and Overlord are getting more within the same year. It does make sense to keep going with Tokyo Ghoul right away. There is sufficient material to adapt, and the publisher is likely to see a benefit since it will correspond with the end of the manga.

remember season 1? this is same issue, good luck
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Agree with you #Chocoreto, in the whole it was a good serie but every single arc got serious cooling down when were at their best and the last one is nothing but a mess. Good romance are interesting but the way this one was made felt like a unnecessary joke.
Hatsuu95

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:31 pm Reply with quote
All i need is chapter 125
Feli1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Creator:guys I trolled u kiddos me coming back with series calling it “RERE”

Me:u do know ur series is pretentious edgy garbage right?

Creator:yeah me know it makes money somehow dou

Me:yeah sadly...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1