• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Bleach Trailer Shows Urahara, Orihime, Chad

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-SP-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Still don't understand why the Rukia has long hair. How hard is to find an actor with short-hair in Japan?
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:26 pm Reply with quote
-SP- wrote:
Still don't understand why the Rukia has long hair. How hard is to find an actor with short-hair in Japan?

Why would it be "hard"? All they would have to do is have the actor cut their hair short for the movie they're working on--and I guess they apparently just chose to not do that here.

Anyway, I for one am looking more and more forward to this! Since it's having an American premiere, here's hoping for an english-subbed trailer!
chronium

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Isn't Chad supposed to be Brazilian? I can understand not finding a Latin American actor but they could have used any other foreigner for the role.
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:40 am Reply with quote
chronium wrote:
Isn't Chad supposed to be Brazilian? I can understand not finding a Latin American actor but they could have used any other foreigner for the role.
IIRC he's mixed, part hispanic, part Japanese.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:36 am Reply with quote
Weazul-chan wrote:
chronium wrote:
IIRC he's mixed, part hispanic, part Japanese.

He's Mexican and Japanese. Also I agree, they probably could have found a darker skinned actor to play him.

Quote:
While this link (7msport.com/photo/data/20180420/11331.shtml#id=0) show's Erika Mano's glorious chest, Orihime is not really Orihime unless you have her at least C-cup (by American standards).

Thank you...that was really necessary Rolling Eyes
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:24 am Reply with quote
-SP- wrote:

Rukia's is shoulder length,for most of the manga,with her bangs hanging past her nose throughout.
The actress' hair is fine.You are not going to find an actress with Rukia's disproportionate head.

Hell why are you not pointing out Ichigo not having his trademark spiked hair,or Renji' famous eyebrows just being tats,or Ichigo' mom not being a redhead....
pirateaddict
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:41 am Reply with quote
The more trailers I see the more excited I get about this. I can understand why some people are upset with the actor chosen for Chad's role but it is a japanese production so it's hardly surprising, not something that's going to bother me too much. We could nitpick lots of things, Rukia's hair, Masaki and Urhara's hair colour. At the end of the day I'm just glad it's looking as good as it does and hope it does well and maybe prove to be a boost to getting the anime back.
-SP-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:46 am Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:
-SP- wrote:

Why would it be "hard"? All they would have to do is have the actor cut their hair short for the movie they're working on--and I guess they apparently just chose to not do that here.

Anyway, I for one am looking more and more forward to this! Since it's having an American premiere, here's hoping for an english-subbed trailer!

I was being sarcastic, shot-hair is one of the most popular hairstyles for woman in Japan, hence I was saying how hard can it be?

Nordhmmer wrote:
-SP- wrote:

Rukia's is shoulder length,for most of the manga,with her bangs hanging past her nose throughout.
The actress' hair is fine.You are not going to find an actress with Rukia's disproportionate head.

Hell why are you not pointing out Ichigo not having his trademark spiked hair,or Renji' famous eyebrows just being tats,or Ichigo' mom not being a redhead....

Ichigo's hair actually looks good, but that being said I wonder why they didn't just use gel and spike it. I didn't even notice Renji's eyebrows, if they weren't tats then it would just look even weirder.
Shaddy_Pl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:22 am Reply with quote
The only problem I have with Japanese movies is that 99% of male actors looks feminine.
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:48 am Reply with quote
Shaddy_Pl wrote:
The only problem I have with Japanese movies is that 99% of male actors looks feminine.

Then you should watch more of, say, Takeshi Kitano's movies. More than often, only tough-looking actors allowed Wink
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:31 am Reply with quote
The Substitute Shinigami arc is one of Bleach's weakest arcs if you ask me, although it does have it's moments of greatness. I suppose they can't skip it because it introduces most of the major characters and it ends with a good hook to get viewers to watch a sequel if they make one.

Last edited by Kruszer on Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
catandmouse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:28 pm Reply with quote
pirateaddict wrote:
The more trailers I see the more excited I get about this. I can understand why some people are upset with the actor chosen for Chad's role but it is a japanese production so it's hardly surprising, not something that's going to bother me too much. We could nitpick lots of things, Rukia's hair, Masaki and Urhara's hair colour. At the end of the day I'm just glad it's looking as good as it does and hope it does well and maybe prove to be a boost to getting the anime back.

I hated Bleach's ending and still can't get over the bad taste that left me with, so I don't think I will be watching this, but that is besides the fact.

In regards to Chad being (or in this case) not being darker.
They did it in the musicals. Has anyone seen the musicals? I think for the most part, the casting for the original musicals was spot on.
The one thing I've always wondered though, are Japanese actors/actresses not allowed to dye their hair? I mean, Urahara is blonde, Masaki is blonde-ish, those colors exist in real life. I can understand not wanting a character with bright pink hair in a live-action, but blondes? Redheads?
theNightster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:12 pm Reply with quote
chronium wrote:

he's half Mexican half Japanese, but yeah that actor does not look Hispanic at all.
Feli1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:06 pm Reply with quote
when I said I wanted “Bleach” back this wasn’t what I meant at all
kakoishii

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:20 am Reply with quote
It's been a very long time since I've seen anything Bleach related, and dare I say it, this looks really fun. It's weird to even say that considering how fast I became disenchanted with the anime, but this really takes me back to when there used to that glimmer of personality in Ichigo that quickly got snuffed out by blandness.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1