• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Advertorial: Survey: Tell us about your favorite anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NormanS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:00 am Reply with quote
Message to the survey creator: Looks like one of the options in one of the questions has an anime title with a wrong picture associated with it. It's saiunkoku monogatari but it has the Baka no test picture. image
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:14 am Reply with quote
A lot of shounen titles on there, but not the mainstream ones like FMA, Naruto, or One Piece. Props for putting Ippo, HXH, and Kenshin on there.

Me likey Very Happy.
Banjo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:17 am Reply with quote
I have few favorites but I rather keep it a secret.. will check the results. Cool
Bondrewd-Sama

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:40 am Reply with quote
I feel like there should be an option to list 5 shows that the person would watch again if a remake were made. Since there are some shows that were not listed that I think would fit that category.

Also, there were some anime listed that I thought were already really good shows already but I would watch if another season were to be made. For example, HunterxHunter and Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun were already really good and I don't think too much could be added if they were remade but I would watch if another season were to be made.

Anyhow, that's just my opinion for next time.
Very Happy

Last edited by Bondrewd-Sama on Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:45 am Reply with quote
I feel like this is a very odd way of phrasing the question. I skipped over some of my all-time favorite series because I see absolutely no reason why they should be remade. Case in point: Monster is probably one of the most faithful, note-perfect adaptations out there. Why in the world would we need another version of it? Needless, unasked-for remakes are probably my biggest pet peeve with the entertainment industry in general.
Actar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:46 am Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
I feel like this is a very odd way of phrasing the question. I skipped over some of my all-time favorite series because I see absolutely no reason why they should be remade. Case in point: Monster is probably one of the most faithful, note-perfect adaptations out there. Why in the world would we need another version of it? Needless, unasked-for remakes are probably my biggest pet peeve with the entertainment industry in general.

For once, I actually agree with you.
Emanisbetter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:52 am Reply with quote
Definitely want a kenshin remake
Dicku-kun

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:00 am Reply with quote
It's kinda random as some don't need a remake/modernization (ongoing animes/recent ones like SAO) but man this just reminded me that we need to get a Deadman Wonderland reboot or Reborn in the future.
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:07 am Reply with quote
Don't think I've selected none of the above so many times in one survey before.
MukiTensei

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:20 am Reply with quote
Magi! Definitely Magi! So glad it was on the list. I wish we could have ranked them in order of preference, too.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:29 am Reply with quote
Who is the "Anime Fan Research Group"? This survey is the only hit a google search returns on the name.

If I thought up a fancy name and paid for an ad, could I collect personal data on all you guys too? Very Happy
Galap

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:59 am Reply with quote
Bit of a weird one; the only series I saw on there that I'd say I really liked was Space Brothers. And I'd watch a continuation but probably not a remake (unless the remake had crazy stellar character animation, which it probably would not.)

Last edited by Galap on Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:18 am Reply with quote
I could not work out if these meant a new version or a continuation, the older shows I would get being remade, but some of them, and more importantly the newer shows, you would think they would be asking for a new season, not a remake.
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:41 am Reply with quote
Before I try this, is it limited to N-American participants as usual? If not, what are you going to do with the email addresses you collect? There's a link to SurveryMonkey's privacy policy, but that only covers their side, not ANN's or the Anime Fan Research Group's.
CR85747

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:30 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Who is the "Anime Fan Research Group"? This survey is the only hit a google search returns on the name.

If I thought up a fancy name and paid for an ad, could I collect personal data on all you guys too? Very Happy

As long as you were handing out prizes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5