• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - December 15 - 21

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArielTsuki

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:28 am Reply with quote
Except, Geass is nothing like E7 or Eva.... If you said that it's Death Note with mecha, that's a much more accurate comparison. Plus Eva bombed on AS and Eureka has been repeated over again. I, for one, am glad that Geass is coming Stateside, we new anime on the airwaves.
Speedyt33

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:26 am Reply with quote
For those in Canada, I was checking the listings for G4 next week and it looks like 3x3 Eyes will be replacing Texhnolyze starting Dec. 22.

If it only has 4 episodes, it should be ending around the same time as Ergo Proxy, etc. So I'm wondering if 3x3 will be one of the last new series that we will get?
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:12 am Reply with quote
Blog. It has your picture.
leftbehindxp

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:28 am Reply with quote
I'm happy they are putting anime on Sci-fi, especially movies! Very Happy More anime on television! And it's not like they're putting total crap on it, they had Ghost in the Shell Solid State Society and Perfect Blue, except for Blood that movie sucks! So I'm gonna disagree with you on that one. Cool
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:45 am Reply with quote
You missed Petite Cossette airing on Fuse. They're showing 3 episodes today starting at 3 pm Pacific and again on Sunday starting at 10 am Pacific.

ArielTsuki wrote:
Except, Geass is nothing like E7 or Eva.... If you said that it's Death Note with mecha, that's a much more accurate comparison. Plus Eva bombed on AS and Eureka has been repeated over again. I, for one, am glad that Geass is coming Stateside, we new anime on the airwaves.

I thought they just started repeating Eureka 7 on Dec. 3 for the first time.
eviltimes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:53 pm Reply with quote
good call samuraiwalt! Cool
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:51 pm Reply with quote
leftbehindxp wrote:
I'm happy they are putting anime on Sci-fi, especially movies! Very Happy More anime on television! And it's not like they're putting total crap on it, they had Ghost in the Shell Solid State Society and Perfect Blue, except for Blood that movie sucks! So I'm gonna disagree with you on that one. Cool

I'm actually eager to see Blood: The Last Vampire. I've been watching Blood+ since its premiere, and I'd like to see how B: TLV did it, since Blood+ is a spin-off from it. Or is the fan consensus that Blood+ was better than B: TLV?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jel123

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:22 pm Reply with quote
ANN Front Page -- wrote:
(FUN FACT: Brian wrote this week's entire column with his toes while doing a handstand.)

I would need some photographic evidence to believe that Laughing

RogueJedi86 wrote:
I'm actually eager to see Blood: The Last Vampire. I've been watching Blood+ since its premiere, and I'd like to see how B: TLV did it, since Blood+ is a spin-off from it. Or is the fan consensus that Blood+ was better than B: TLV?

Same here, and haven't seen Dead Leaves before either. Both are showing good ratings in the encyclopedia.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:58 pm Reply with quote
RogueJedi86 wrote:

I started watching Blood+ on AS before I rented Blood: The Last Vampire, and there is no comparison. Blood: The Last Vampire is such an utter waste of time, compared to Blood+ or otherwise. Honestly, I have no idea how anyone could truly like that "movie". Just skip it, or only watch it if you want to make fun of it.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:32 pm Reply with quote
RogueJedi86 wrote:
leftbehindxp wrote:

Ditto the sentiment that if the weaker stuff gets decent ratings (for Sci-fi channel anyway) maybe we can get some good stuf ... hopefully not censored by Turner's in-house butcher (as the stuff I have tried watching just wasn't watchable.) As to Blood, it took a few episodes, but the series has definitely grown on me, and the movie was fairly dated even before it FIRST hit the Stars family of networks.

Dead Leaves ... great guilty pleasure movie, and best damn shockwave/flash movie ever. Though it sadens me as I finish the final proofing that it does draw a bit tiresome after the viewing count hits tripple digits.

Quote:
Gundam Seed Destiny
(YTV)
Friday December 21 9:30pm - Episode 37

Soon now, soon the Anime Selects run will catch up with and surpass the canucks .... hopefully before they finish.

Quote:
Anime: Drawing a Revolution (etc.)

.. and through the power of setting reminders for EVERY LAST SHOWING OVER THE NEXT TWO WEEKS, I will make sure this one actually gets watched (as opposed to the rececnt Discovery Channel series, which I kinda forgot to record/watch.)
leftbehindxp

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:07 pm Reply with quote
RogueJedi86 wrote:
leftbehindxp wrote:

I like Blood+, its a cool show. Watching it since adult swim got it. The intros are awesome. Idk the movie didn't really attached to me. This might sound weird, but the movie kind-of said "hi" then "bye" in a few seconds, nothing really fancy about it.
Ruremi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:

I started watching Blood+ on AS before I rented Blood: The Last Vampire, and there is no comparison. Blood: The Last Vampire is such an utter waste of time, compared to Blood+ or otherwise. Honestly, I have no idea how anyone could truly like that "movie". Just skip it, or only watch it if you want to make fun of it.

I have the movie and I didn't really quite get it, but I do love the phenomenal art and animation. Could be the biggest reasons to own it. The series is really awesome though, and gets even better when Saya becomes older.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Ruremi wrote:
Josh7289 wrote:

I have the movie and I didn't really quite get it, but I do love the phenomenal art and animation. Could be the biggest reasons to own it.

I agree that the art and animation are particularly good, especially for the time when the film was released, but that's as far as it goes. I actually like the way leftbehindxp said it:
leftbehindxp wrote:
This might sound weird, but the movie kind-of said "hi" then "bye" in a few seconds, nothing really fancy about it.

As for Blood+, I really like the show. It's in a totally different league from the film it's apparently based on. ...But be careful about spoiling things for other people, Ruremi. Razz
TheVok

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Is the stuff on Skiffy getting heavily censored? I still can't imagine them airing Perfect Blue, let alone Dead Leaves.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:21 pm Reply with quote
TheVok wrote:
Is the stuff on Skiffy getting heavily censored? I still can't imagine them airing Perfect Blue, let alone Dead Leaves.

Perfect Blue aired last week. A real mindscrew, but the editing didn't seem bad. I wouldn't have even noticed the changes if I hadn't went to an anime fanservice site and saw the kinds of nudity that was cut out. Sci-Fi hasn't that bad of editing/censoring so far.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2