• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: J-Novel Club Licenses Amagi Brilliant Park, Kokoro Connect, Sorcerous Stabber Orphen Novels

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Keep them coming.[/code]
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah ! We knew a lot were coming, glad to see they heard the community for the choices, their adaptation were all goods, a lot of wonderful news during this Anime expo, can't wait to watch and read all of them .

Last edited by Yune Amagiri on Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm, so Last and First Idol is a yuri short story. I heard work this was originally a Love Live fanfic but then changed the names.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Another season would also go down nicely, maybe this time with 2 cours, anyone else agree?
MetalGarurumon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:11 pm Reply with quote
A little underwhelming. Interested in Amagi, Kokoro Connect and Seirei Gensouki but the rest of them don't appeal to me.

I was hoping for Kenja no Mago or Tomozaki-kun. Hope that they get licensed soon.

Last edited by MetalGarurumon on Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Surprised at the lack of response when it comes to the isekai sex worker synopsis. One of the first female isekai leads I've seen in quite awhile and she's basically content with being the best sex worker she can be? Awkward.
MetalGarurumon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Surprised at the lack of response when it comes to the isekai sex worker synopsis. One of the first female isekai leads I've seen in quite awhile and she's basically content with being the best sex worker she can be? Awkward.

I'm not into depressing stuff and it's only one volume. When they gave the hint that one of the light novels had snusnu I was hoping for Shinmai Maou to get licensed...
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:49 pm Reply with quote
while i'm happy for the localization, i'm always disappointed when they license anything that I really want too get cause i only buy physical, amagi brilliant park and outbreak company are two I was hoping too get.
Now much like how mangagamer operates i gotta hope it does well enough in digital sales too warrant physical copies.
Suxinn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Wow, the Orphen novels getting licensed?! If you'd ask me just last week what I'd think of that possibility, I would've said impossible. I usually don't buy digital, but I'll probably make an exception for Orphen.
population_tire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Still no Beyond the Boundary, Pet Girl of Sakurasou, Noucome, or Baka and Test. Sad
the green death

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:06 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Hmmm, so Last and First Idol is a yuri short story. I heard work this was originally a Love Live fanfic but then changed the names.

Sam directly confirmed this at the panel!
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Will be getting Kokoro Connect.
brynhild

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Siegfriedl88 wrote:
while i'm happy for the localization, i'm always disappointed when they license anything that I really want too get cause i only buy physical, amagi brilliant park and outbreak company are two I was hoping too get.
Now much like how mangagamer operates i gotta hope it does well enough in digital sales too warrant physical copies.

They also announced a Print line they're starting up. Whilst they are only starting with one title, they stated they'd add more as they get the rights to, so hopefully the ones you were looking forward to are included.

Personally, I'm hoping The Faraway Paladin and Amagi Brilliant Park become apart of their physical line.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Okay, Kokoro Connect has me interested. I don't think the post-Michi-Random novels even got fan translations. (I was always curious about the change in school years -- how can they recruit freshmen for the club in good conscience if they can't tell them what they're signing up for, i.e., potentially three years of Heartseed screwing around with them?)
Agent355

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:05 am Reply with quote
If someone from J-Novel club is reading this--I am so excited that you are releasing older light novels! Is there anyway you can consider license rescues? I'd love to see Scrapped Princess and Twelve Kingdoms! Thanks!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2