• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: The Two Dekus: Daiki Yamashita and Justin Briner

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Loooove this interview. Deku is a really precious character and Justin is doing SO well with him and I’m just on season 1. Can’t wait to hear him more as Deku as I keep watching. My favorite part was when Justin was like “it’s like singing... but badly... and loudly...!” I laughed so hard! That’s the first time I’ve heard an explanation like this! Now I’m going to think about that from here on and see if I can hear the bad, loud singing in his screaming lol.
DigitalScratch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
YAMASHITA: Kero Kero.

BRINER: Kero!

Kero

That was fun. They’re both low-key fanboying over Deku and being a part of BNHA, it’s adorable.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Omg this interview made me smile so much, they both had such sweet and adorable answer. Truly both are perfect for Deku. The ultimate cinnamon roll.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:03 pm Reply with quote
I see Justin Briner is a man of taste. He and I have the same favorite moment.
MarkyMarc413

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:54 pm Reply with quote
So the take-away from this is that Briner ships Froppy/Deku...

Oh boy. It would be fun if something like that were teased in the manga/anime, just to see Briner's reaction to it!

This was a great interview, and if this show runs another 5 years or more, it'll be fun to see more interviews from these two together as they and Deku grow!

-Marc.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:25 am Reply with quote
MarkyMarc413 wrote:
So the take-away from this is that Briner ships Froppy/Deku...

Oh boy. It would be fun if something like that were teased in the manga/anime, just to see Briner's reaction to it!.

When I met Briner at Phoenix Comic Fest, I asked him if he ships Deku with Ochako. He said something to the effect of he may might. That was after I asked Trina Nishimura and him their fave silent films.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:11 am Reply with quote
That was probably the most entertaining interview I've ever read here. Nice work getting these two together, Zac.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:45 am Reply with quote
Great stuff. I've mainly watched through the simuldub but he's been great too whenever I've popped on the sub. They're both so damned good in the role, would be fun to see these two do some more of these together as the show continues, like MarkyMarc413 said.

KENZICHI wrote:
Loooove this interview. Deku is a really precious character and Justin is doing SO well with him and I’m just on season 1. Can’t wait to hear him more as Deku as I keep watching. My favorite part was when Justin was like “it’s like singing... but badly... and loudly...!” I laughed so hard! That’s the first time I’ve heard an explanation like this! Now I’m going to think about that from here on and see if I can hear the bad, loud singing in his screaming lol.

Agreed, he's been freaking awesome in the role, you're in for more great performances in S2. Can't wait to enjoy going through it again each week on Toonami since it just started S2 last weekend.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:48 pm Reply with quote
They both do an incredible job as Deku, and I look forward to hearing more. You really can't go wrong with either option. Justin absolutely nails those freakout screams. XD
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Less than 2 minutes ago, I tweeted Zac this: "@ActionZacku: as a fan of boy/girl anime/manga ships, my thanks to you for asking both Dekus about who they ship Deku with. @lucilovesmic (dubbed Ochako) and I both ship Deku with Ochako."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1