• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Double Decker! Anime's Videos Highlight Main Characters

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#alfrescoCR

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:22 am Reply with quote
looks way more mature than tB, the lighting seems bleak and dark. And the animation was also neat and nice, as to be expected from sunrise.
all-tsun-and-no-dere
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:07 am Reply with quote
I never cared for Katsura's storytelling, but I adore his character designs and I'm excited to see them in a new project.

It's not clear what connection this series has to Tiger and Bunny, and I'm always a little skeptical of spinoffs and sequels, but this trailer has me optimistic for sure.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:18 am Reply with quote
looks pretty dope. Reminds me of the stuff Gonzo did last decade (mainly blassreiter and Speed Grapher, which I love) and also the sublime Vanishing Line. Hopefully this baby gets the 2 cour treatment.
mulletZERO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:20 am Reply with quote
I can't believe Bruce Campbell is an anime character. Knowing T&B this isn't the first celebrity lookalike we've had.
DatRandomDude

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:38 am Reply with quote
donhumberto wrote:
looks pretty dope. Reminds me of the stuff Gonzo did last decade (mainly blassreiter and Speed Grapher, which I love) and also the sublime Vanishing Line. Hopefully this baby gets the 2 cour treatment.

Its Sunrise we're talking about! I'm not saying that they always do 2-cour but it doesnt happen often that they just do a 1-cour and leave it at that.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:50 am Reply with quote
So damned hyped!
This looks glorious.

The music is nice too, reminds me of a Lupin track.
I hope this gets an amazing dub like T&B and recently Vanishing Line.

donhumberto wrote:

I totally agree with you on all of this.

#alfrescoCR wrote:
looks way more mature than tB, the lighting seems bleak and dark. And the animation was also neat and nice, as to be expected from sunrise.

The lighting is so good, I love the style and atmosphere in the trailer.

mulletZERO wrote:
I can't believe Bruce Campbell is an anime character. Knowing T&B this isn't the first celebrity lookalike we've had.

Haha yeah, he does look like him.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1