• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - I Am A Hero

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:00 pm Reply with quote
This is an amazing interview though, although while i enjoy I Am Hero as an weird, strange and action horror-looking film, i enjoy more with an Train to Busan, an Korean zombie film which was released on the same year as I Am Hero came out!!! Train to Busan is much better in terms of story, characterization, action scene and more.

The only difference is that Train to Busan film characters do not have a gun, while I Am Hero a characters owns a gun. Also, the protagoinst survives while the Korean one dies at the end.

Man, i am really lovely am i.

(sorry for my poor English)
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:52 pm Reply with quote
So Funimation is releasing the Future Diary on Blu Ray for the third time? And this time less than a year since the last one.
G S Palmer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Aca Vuksa wrote:
This is an amazing interview though, although while i enjoy I Am Hero as an weird, strange and action horror-looking film, i enjoy more with an Train to Busan, an Korean zombie film which was released on the same year as I Am Hero came out!!! Train to Busan is much better in terms of story, characterization, action scene and more.

The only difference is that Train to Busan film characters do not have a gun, while I Am Hero a characters owns a gun. Also, the protagoinst survives while the Korean one dies at the end.

I haven't seen I Am A Hero, but I have to agree that Train to Busan was an excellent movie, and anybody who wants a good zombie film and hasn't seen it should go check it out right away. It's on Netflix, btw.
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:56 pm Reply with quote
G S Palmer wrote:
Aca Vuksa wrote:

I haven't seen I Am A Hero, but I have to agree that Train to Busan was an excellent movie, and anybody who wants a good zombie film and hasn't seen it should go check it out right away. It's on Netflix, btw.

I'm glad you like it so much!
belvadeer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:58 pm Reply with quote
A lot of releases related to Gundam 00 I see.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:52 pm Reply with quote
A fair spot-on review, but as a semi-biased Shinsuke Sato fan who thinks I am a Hero was awesomely done and fun in general, I personally would still rate it above a rental. If Funimation had given this movie a dub (I'm genuinely curious to know how they select which of their live-action properties get dubs or not--I still scratch my head on why the Assassination Classroom movies didn't get one) I would've double-dipped on it, but in the end I'm keeping my English-subbed Korean release, which actually came with multiple bonus features.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1