• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition Game Launches in Americas in January

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Яeverse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Very disappointing delay.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:28 pm Reply with quote
first time i'll be looking forward too a January in my life, normally Its just freezing cold and depressing after Christmas, with this and kingdom hearts 3, it will just be difficult too figure which i should play 1st.

I dont mind the delays this time since my time is already gonna be filled with valkyria chronicles 4 and 1 for the switch , the world ends with you and also Persona 3/4/5 dancing games already preordered
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:50 pm Reply with quote
I wonder who they're going to cast as Patty in English?
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Delayed maybe, but at least we now have a release date, and if it was delayed so they could better optimise the engine to run better on PS4, Xbox Switch etc. Then it is well worth it. I've been playing Zestiria recently, and despite looking like a HD PS2 game, it runs like crap on the PS3.
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Another game to add to my January purchases...and I'm actually okay with this since I expected worse with a October or November date.

Anyone here remember the anime adaptation? How did that turn out? It's likely going to be one of my first purchases when Right Stuf has their big Holiday sale this year.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:50 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Anyone here remember the anime adaptation? How did that turn out? It's likely going to be one of my first purchases when Right Stuf has their big Holiday sale this year.

You mean the prequel movie?...I thought it was decent enough for the price.
Tales of series seems all over the place with their anime adaptations. they should of made this a full series and dubbed abyss and symphonia's version...
I'm also one of the few people who found Graces the best in the series and would of loved an anime adaptation for that.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Kicking off 2019 right I see. I'm looking forward to this as much as Kingdom Hearts III.

Rhyme time.
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Figured it would be early January, as it probably didn't want to compete with Resident Evil 2 coming out at the end of that month. Namco seems a little vague on the details of the exclusives from their store version.

Also hoping that since it's a remaster, that they'll speed up the combat. I've played the PS3 & 360 version and both versions feel slow compared other games like Tales of the Abyss & Xillia.
Shinigami-Seishou

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Nice, I know exactly what I'll be doing the weeks leading up to KH3! I'm kinda sad it's not this year for release, I suppose I'll have to go back through Abyss or Rebirth in the mean time.
Kurohei

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:59 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
I wonder who they're going to cast as Patty in English?

I really want her to be voiced by Cherami Leigh. She has been in a number of video games recently (Persona 5). The reason is because in Japanese they have a Sargent Frog reference because Patty is the voice of Natsumi Hinata. I just think it would be fun to keep the reference in English.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Kurohei wrote:
I really want her to be voiced by Cherami Leigh. She has been in a number of video games recently (Persona 5). The reason is because in Japanese they have a Sargent Frog reference because Patty is the voice of Natsumi Hinata. I just think it would be fun to keep the reference in English.

Ooh, good choice. On top of that, Cherami Leigh voiced Estelle in the Vesperia movie, so that would be a localization bonus.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:31 pm Reply with quote
I heard it was going to be this year, but they change it. I was a bit bum out learning of this but it's not all that bad. Besides as it was stated this means the remaster Vesperia games does not have to compete with the other bigger games coming out later this year and therefore risk getting drown out.

NJ_ wrote:

I remember watching the prequel film a couple of years ago and I liked it. I think I might watch it again before the game comes out. Probably close to it's release date.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1