• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Hakumei & Mikochi: Tiny Little Life in the Woods GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Furuzaki

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
It's a nice place to stop by why you need an escape from a big busy life in the world.
"why"? Shouldn't it be "when"?

Great anime though, absolutely gonna be buying the manga for some tiny slice of life ~
Spike Terra
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Any idea, if this will end up on the kindle store? I'm running out of shelf space and I really want to support this series.
sourpatchthekid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Spike Terra wrote:
Any idea, if this will end up on the kindle store? I'm running out of shelf space and I really want to support this series.

Never say never but i don't see it happening soon. Yen Press released Skilled Teaser Takagi-san the same day but that also doesn't have a digital release for whatever reason. Possibly because it's a niche title or they simply didn't secure digital rights
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:48 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Readers of a certain age will remember a 1980s TV show called “The World of David the Gnome.”

While I was not around when the show aired, I think I recall seeing pictures of it somewhere but I don't know. Anyway being that I do like fantasy, slice-of-life and cute characters I would add it to my reading list.

sourpatchthekid wrote:
Yen Press released Skilled Teaser Takagi-san the same day but that also doesn't have a digital release for whatever reason. Possibly because it's a niche title or they simply didn't secure digital rights

I would think that for niche titles they would try to aim at having a digital release given that it's a bit cheaper (not that cheap as assume but cheaper regardless) then printing physical books, and therefore is not that much of a risk sales wise. However that is a assumption on my part, and I am not too familiar with how licensing and publishing works. I think I would lean towards the possibility of them not securing a digital license for either series. Either that or the people behind the manga not wanting their works to be sold digitally for whatever reason.

It is such a shame though because I too am having to deal with space and it's only recent that I begun to buy much of the manga I want to read digitally. Still being that I did enjoy the anime adaptation of Skilled Teasing Takagi-San, I would be willing enough to buy the physical copies of the books (especially since I want to see how Nishitaki and Takagi relationship go and develops after episode 11). As for Hakumei & Mikochi it looks like I am gong to have to take a chance and buy the physical books when I get around to it. I do have a plan as to where I want to store my manga in that I bought physical copies of.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Aquasakura wrote:
Quote:
Readers of a certain age will remember a 1980s TV show called “The World of David the Gnome.”

While I was not around when the show aired, I think I recall seeing pictures of it somewhere but I don't know. Anyway being that I do like fantasy, slice-of-life and cute characters I would add it to my reading list.

It was the anime version of Rien Poortvliet's "Gnomes" books, a good ten or twelve years after the craze had cooled, and mostly visible on Nickelodeon afternoons, back when a generation thought that was "anime".

And while we're going that far back, is it just me, or is the cover giving anyone else bad flashbacks of the old Rankin-Bass "The Hobbit"? Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
Coup d'État

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:05 am Reply with quote
"David der Kabauter"! It is indeed a bit like that, I loved it as a kid and showed it to mine just a few weeks ago. :3

I enjoyed vol. 1 quite a bit. I like how the anime mixed stuff up a bit, so reading doesn't feel just the same, as I've seen the anime before reading the manga.

What I love about this series is how cute and friendly and sweet it is, without the usual fanservice that comes with the setting / genre so often.

The art in the manga could be a little better, as the characters went of-model a few times.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1