• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Saint Seiya: Saintia Shō Anime Announces Returning Cast for Gold Saints

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enturax

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:53 am Reply with quote
Wait what? If it takes place during the original timeline, why does the main character look like Seiya's copy and why don't they wear masks?

And I wonder how much quality it's going to have considering that the last spin off series that only had, what, 15 episodes(?), looked worse than the entire Hades Arc.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:42 am Reply with quote
I fully expected the Gold Saints' regular voice actors (as of the Hades OVAs) to return for Saintia Shō. What I'm really curious about is the staff, particularly the character designer.
Sergorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Enturax wrote:
Wait what? If it takes place during the original timeline, why does the main character look like Seiya's copy and why don't they wear masks?.

It starts shortly before the Galaxian Wars with the core story taking place after the Junikyû arc while the Bronze Saints are in a coma.

The main character is Shoko, Equuleus Saintia, and she doesn't wear a mask because she is a Saintia, not a woman Saint.

-Sergorn
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Great news, now awaiting the returning of the voice that defined the franchise for me. Toru Furuya as Seiya ! Smile
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Majin Tenshi wrote:
Great news, now awaiting the returning of the voice that defined the franchise for me. Toru Furuya as Seiya ! Smile

VERY doubtful,most likely it will be Masakazu Morita again.Then again,they hardly care about consistency with the voices in this franchise.They are getting the Gold Saints' VAs back but why are they giving Saori ANOTHER new voice-actress?That's her fifth one already!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1