• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight - Bloom Into You

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mhora

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:26 am Reply with quote
Even though Japan is behind the Western world when it comes to any topics related to gay individuals, I do enjoy series like this. Most of them are not good or even represent gay people well in general, but Hollywood or other productions rarely make show or movies with gay themes, if they do they are mostly Oscar baity shit.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:39 am Reply with quote
It is easily one of the best-looking yuri anime in recent years. What I want to happen next is for this to catch more attention from yuri and non-yuri fans and sell well enough to get a second season.
meiam

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:36 am Reply with quote
Wow, a Yuri show with a male character in it! What's next, not every female character will be a sex hungry lesbian?!
Heishi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:26 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Wow, a Yuri show with a male character in it! What's next, not every female character will be a sex hungry lesbian?!

About the "yuri with a male character" in it...

*cough* Soma Ogami *cough*
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Heishi wrote:
About the "yuri with a male character" in it...

*cough* Soma Ogami *cough*

*cough* Yamasaki Akemi from Sasameki Koto *cough*

*cough* Osaragi Hazumu from Kashimashi *cough*

I really wish Japan should stop making yuri complicated and make it just about girls loving girls.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:03 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to this one. It's definitely one of the more mellow, for lack of a better word, yuri titles. It's not trashy or forced like many other titles, nor heavy on fanservice to push the story.
KittyEponine
ANN Staff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:30 am Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Looking forward to this one. It's definitely one of the more mellow, for lack of a better word, yuri titles. It's not trashy or forced like many other titles, nor heavy on fanservice to push the story.

Bless this series really. I'm also looking forward to this. The trailers alone fully captured the aesthetics of manga. Bless Nio Nakatani's art. I can't wait for October.

I actually preferred that this manga would get an anime adaptation first than with Citrus tbh.

spoiler[as much as I want to talk about it (since it's a bit out of topic), Citrus went meh in the ending]
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:57 pm Reply with quote
I kind of regret that I stopped reading Citrus halfway through. spoiler[The ending was rushed but at least it was on a happy note.] Hopefully, the spin-off will have a different couple to focus on. I probably should read YagaKimi too before the anime airs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1