• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Uma Musume Pretty Derby Smartphone Game Delayed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:15 am Reply with quote
You know what they say about karma. Do these people actually think they are going to get away with taking advantage of another intellectual property's prominence and putting it on this new series just to make it profitable and on top of sales charts? Then saying that it deserves a second season and giving some of its undeserving profit to horse charities to make themselves look good? Cheaters never prosper. Maybe if they had not created that trainer guy and turn this into another pathetic "cute girls + mentor guy" anime, this would have never relied on that cheap dirty trick. I guess the anime was not as good as some people were saying after all.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:02 pm Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
You know what they say about karma. Do these people actually think they are going to get away with taking advantage of another intellectual property's prominence and putting it on this new series just to make it profitable and on top of sales charts? Then saying that it deserves a second season and giving some of its undeserving profit to horse charities to make themselves look good? Cheaters never prosper. Maybe if they had not created that trainer guy and turn this into another pathetic "cute girls + mentor guy" anime, this would have never relied on that cheap dirty trick. I guess the anime was not as good as some people were saying after all.
Nope, it's just because they really want to polish the game for even more (unlike Scamco and Greedyplex), while swimming in the pool of cash from Im@S: Cinderella Girls, Granblue Fantasy, Princess Connect: ReDive and Dragalia Lost, and in the same time giving the money for the actual games and animation. Because hey, I never been so happy about the mobile gamers spend a lot of money, but these guys making it worth at least.
switchgear1131

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:08 pm Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:

What are you even talking about. Stealing another intellectual property? What IP are they stealing? The anime? They made that for this game, not the other way around. The horses names? Not really any different then the games that make cute ship girls or guns

They didn't turn this into "cute girls +trainer" that is always what it as meant to be.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:02 pm Reply with quote
switchgear1131 wrote:
John Hayabusa wrote:

What are you even talking about. Stealing another intellectual property? What IP are they stealing? The anime? They made that for this game, not the other way around. The horses names? Not really any different then the games that make cute ship girls or guns

They didn't turn this into "cute girls +trainer" that is always what it as meant to be.

I think he was talking about how they had codes for another one of their more popular properties, Granblue Fantasy, included with the bluray, as if cross promoting one's properties is some heinous, underhanded plot, rather than a standard business practice. (Incidentally, when it comes to the animes, Uma Musume is consistently better rated than Granblue Fantasy's across English speaking anime rating sites).
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:22 am Reply with quote
I feel like the longer they keep delaying this game, the more they're missing out on a chance to capitalize on the anime. Unless they come out with a second season shortly after, I wonder who will still be interested in playing the game when it's finally out given the short spans of popularity any given show can have at a time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1