• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2019 Super Sentai TV Series Revealed as Kishiryū Sentai Ryūsoulger

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wyvern

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:21 pm Reply with quote
I guess since the last two sentais were more experimental, they're returning to a more traditional formula for 2019's series, with a single five person team. This might be a bit too traditional, though: yet another dinosaur-themed series?

Great costume designs, though.
#sukkar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
I guess since the last two sentais were more experimental, they're returning to a more traditional formula for 2019's series, with a single five person team. This might be a bit too traditional, though: yet another dinosaur-themed series?

Great costume designs, though.

I think the traditional aspect might be skin deep. The creative staff are all new to Sentai. Its producers and directors have never worked on a Super Sentai series. Its writer has never worked on a tokusatsu series period. (he's known more for his J-Drama shows) Its director also did some of the most intense episodes of Kamen Rider Build (episode 21 being a prime example, with Sento dealing with the fact that he killed a human). It'll be interesting to see if they bring real change to the tone or if it's just "Sentai but with a more serious tone like Shinkenger".
theNightster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:11 pm Reply with quote
not a fan of dinosaurs again, but I do like that they're also knights
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1