• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Rising of the Shield Hero English Dub Will Include Alternative Insert Song for Episode 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:36 pm Reply with quote
You know, I'm not exactly a fan of Shield Hero, but I love Kevin Penkin's music, so I'll at the very least be looking forward to listening to both versions of the song once the soundtrack is released. Heck, I might even find when the song plays and jump to that spot in the episodes to listen.

That's assuming the English dub ever gets released, of course. Seems that Crunchyroll's plan to have more info about that in the coming week didn't go as planned. I don't know if I've ever remembered a delay in simuldubbing like this, though to be fair simuldubbing is still kind of a new thing.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:53 pm Reply with quote
It’s kinda weird how the show was trying to go for a same day dub release yet it’s further behind than even the slower Funi and HIDIVE dubs

No intention of watching or supporting this awful show any further but I love Penkin so maybe I’ll just listen to it by itself
-SP-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:30 am Reply with quote
I guess people on this site really dislike Shield hero, an opposite reaction compared to the other Anime websites.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:32 am Reply with quote
-SP- wrote:
I guess people on this site really dislike Shield hero, an opposite reaction compared to the other Anime websites.

Every famous show always have some people that dislike it for personal reasons. Although some are disliking shield Hero before they even watch it, and that ratio of people is higher here than the other anime websites.
Agent355

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:17 am Reply with quote
I love Kevin Penkin's music! Hope Crunchyroll releases both versions of the insert song on their Youtube channel soon.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:00 am Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:
You know, I'm not exactly a fan of Shield Hero, but I love Kevin Penkin's music, so I'll at the very least be looking forward to listening to both versions of the song once the soundtrack is released. Heck, I might even find when the song plays and jump to that spot in the episodes to listen.

That's assuming the English dub ever gets released, of course. Seems that Crunchyroll's plan to have more info about that in the coming week didn't go as planned. I don't know if I've ever remembered a delay in simuldubbing like this, though to be fair simuldubbing is still kind of a new thing.

The simuldub routine has become a regular thing since Funi really got into it during the Fall 2014 season.

Seriously, the continued delay for this show's dub is getting tiring. 1st and 2nd episodes getting delayed for a simuldub? Sure. However by the time the 3rd simuldub epi. WAS SUPPOSED to come out, one would think the powers that be would have resolved this issue. They had it read for its AX 2018 premiere and that was even before the Japanese world premiere. At least we are getting the subbed version on time, but I still wonder what the reasons for the simuldub are.
Gohanangered

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:22 pm Reply with quote
I don't see the reason why people are hating on this anime. Why are people criticizing it before all of the story is told. Everything is explained in the story later on. Why that princess is evil, why the king is evil and so on and so fourth.(facepalm) So please people stop criticizing stuff before the whole story is told. Stop being willfully ignorant.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1