• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Foreign Ministry to Expand Outreach Program

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:07 pm Reply with quote
This is all well and good, but I would have thought what Hungary, Bulgaria, Poland, and Romania would rather have is some of the Japanese industries building and operating factories to give the people of those failed economies jobs so they don't have to come west and take ours. The only thing those 30 Japanese language teachers will be doing is teaching Hungarians, Bulgarians, Polish, and Romanians how to speak Japanese so they can go to Japan and look for jobs there. I don't think that is what the Japanese Foreign Ministry had in mind.
DonQuigleone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:55 pm Reply with quote
To be fair to the poles and whatnot, they do the jobs we hate, and damn well I might add, anyway now that all those countries are now joining the shengen zone, I'd say the number of immigrants into Ireland and britain will decrease, but that's a bit offtopic...
Although it would seem a bit odd to hawk wares costing 30-50$ a pop when that's the amount they get paid in several days work, or maybe they're planting seeds for a future market, maybe they'll try and get manga into the libraries or something.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:23 pm Reply with quote
I can imagine some 24 year old teacher who comes dressed like a lolita every friday and just talks to the class about the latest lookbook at honeyee or ways that Bape came regain ultra popularity in Japan while still continuing its expansion in the West.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1