• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Monogatari Series Rebroadcast Takes Over Sword Art Online: Alicization Anime's Timeslot Starting on

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:04 am Reply with quote
So I guess this confirms it won't be airing for a straight year and they'll air the third cour later in the year?
Chaotic-Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:31 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
So I guess this confirms it won't be airing for a straight year and they'll air the third cour later in the year?

It could just be swapping timeslot. It happens from time to time with long running anime. Boruto for example has swapped timeslot at least twice.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:04 am Reply with quote
Chaotic-Overlord wrote:
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

It could just be swapping timeslot. It happens from time to time with long running anime. Boruto for example has swapped timeslot at least twice.

Haven't they said they're doing 24 - Break - 24?
Millhi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:51 am Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
Chaotic-Overlord wrote:
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

Haven't they said they're doing 24 - Break - 24?

Not explicitly said but we knew from the moment aniplex only solicited 8 bd volumes (so 24eps) it was going to be a high chance for split cour. Which actually checks out with the Monogatari rebroadcast. (7 weeks till 6 April starting from next week and next episode is also a recap episode so we have 6 weeks for 6 eps which is 24 eps with final ep 30 march the saturday before the monogatari rebroadcast starts)
if that makes any sense.
Spooky Blades

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Hahahaha sweet.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Even for a show as popular as SAO, it seemed like a stretch Aniplex would air SAO non stop for a whole year when they rarely seem to that for any of their shows. I think FMA Brotherhood was the last Aniplex title where they did that?
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:31 am Reply with quote
Fine by me, gives the English release of the light novels time to create a little distance before the series starts back up.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
methedemon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:49 pm Reply with quote
while I would have loved to watch the entire of SAO without interruptions I guess it was not realistic.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:08 am Reply with quote
Confused I'm confused, why would they adapt zoku owarimomogatari with 6 episode when they already adapted it by the zoku owarimonogatari movie that released few months ago?
Key

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:17 am Reply with quote
#892979 wrote:
Confused I'm confused, why would they adapt zoku owarimomogatari with 6 episode when they already adapted it by the zoku owarimonogatari movie that released few months ago?

This is probably a case where the movie has been chopped up into six individual episodes for TV broadcast. This has been done a few times before; see Chain Chronicle and the second season of Yuki Yuna is a Hero, among probably others, for a couple of relatively recent examples.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:00 am Reply with quote
Is the "Monogatari Series Collection" new or a sequel to the series?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1