• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Kemono Friends 2 Director Ryuichi Kimura Shares Frustration with Twitter Feedback

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
typhonkona

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:10 pm Reply with quote
I had a feeling this would get ugly.
capt_bunny

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:14 pm Reply with quote
He's not really wrong. A lot of people online are anti-bullying then go attack to the point they have become the bully. To me, it just seems to be saying "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:14 pm Reply with quote
The appropriate way to respond to the controversy is to simply not watch the new season. The staff and cast don't have anything to do with the decisions made by the Kadokawa executives. But even then it's clear Kadokawa has no intention of listening to fan complaints and is continuing with their decision and it's too late for them to change things now. Just support TATSUKI's current and any future projects instead if you actually care about his works.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Feel bad for the director, but in the end, KADOKAWA has to get a fat reality check. Whether they feel it or not is another story.
ChestPains

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:17 pm Reply with quote
This really bothers me.
I'm of the opinion that KADOKAWA fucked up and I do not care for this second season in the least, and seeing people take to harassment of director and animator deeply angers me. They're not at fault for being handed a project to work on, they're completely innocent and I genuinely believe they are probably trying their best to make it good even if people won't pay attention to it.
LEAVE THEM ALONE.

Not like any of those people are reading this, but I figure I'd get it out.
Wtv

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Just support TATSUKI's current and any future projects instead if you actually care about his works.

I would, but it's boring. Kemono Friends 2 is better.

Saku-dono wrote:
Feel bad for the director, but in the end, KADOKAWA has to get a fat reality check. Whether they feel it or not is another story.

Kadoka doesn't need to do anything. They did nothing illegal and just did what every company does. Changing staffs is actually very common and no one seems to care.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:46 pm Reply with quote
I think the issue is that some people that are still angry at Kadokawa don't have anywhere to direct that anger since they don't know who made the decision to fire Tatsuki so they are lashing out at the people that are making the second season. There is no logical reason to insult them since they had nothing to do with that decision and they were simply hired to work on the second season. A much better way of trying to get the attention of Kadokawa upper management would be if Kemurikusa did great in sales.

The second season of Kemono Friends is spoiler[well made with a good story though the first few episodes were similar in structure to the first season. The end of episode 5 had a major surprise that indicates that the second season isn't just going to be a retelling of the first season.]
principeinquisidor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:11 pm Reply with quote
@Wtv

The only way one could prefer Kemofure 2 over Kemurikusa is if you are still butthurt about Wakaba or likes to be treated as a 5 years old or want a carbon copy of the story of the first season with little changes here and there. Besides with the second part of your comment you have already revealed that you know nothing about the situation and why the people is reacting so badly, basically Tatsuki saved and made popular this franchise, transforming it from one last breath to be dead franchise to an humongously popular franchise.

And yeah, the people have it clear that they must not attack innocent people, for example, they must not attack the seiyuu, the problem here is that the beef with this guy, the second season's director, comes from before, because he was one of the few industry people that belittle Tatsuki when he got the balls to talk about Kadokawa.
There is the case of the guy that is directing the anime shorts adapting the Nexon game, who talked on Twitter saying that he was only directing a little series and that he was not trying to replace the legacy of Tatsuki, because he does not see himself at the same level than Tatsuki, so the people did not attack him.
So what we have here is a guy that happily licked Kadokawa's ass when the scandal was hot and that was crazy enough to accept that job, because I do not think Kadokawa put a pistol on his head to force him to accept that job or maybe he was thinking so high about himself, thinking he would be the new Messiah that could solve all the problems, but then got dumbfounded when all things exploded on his face.
And yeah, people would be happy to know the true schemers behind Tatsuki demise, so that guy or those guys could earn an early "retirement" to a nondescript little village on Japan. But well, we do not know the schemers, so that fallen director is now taking the heat, so he has the option to left all or even better, go and talk with his superiors to convince them to get the balls and show the faces of the schemers, so he stops being the target of the attacks, but well, we know that they will refuse and as a consequence he will still be forever damned.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1