• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Ryan Reynolds Jokes He Abandoned His Family to Immerse in Detective Pikachu Role

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Ryan Reynolds is a damn nut. But sadly I won't be seeing this film due to the main lead cast.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The video elaborates on the immense undertaking Reynolds underwent to fully immerse himself in the role of Pikachu, going so far as "forgetting" his wife and children, attempting to drop an unhealthy amount of weight, and even living low to the ground.

Somehow, I doubt they have quite grasped the character traits we associate with that jovial yellow mouse.

Certainly, a disdain for your own kin would explain the lack of familial yearnings on the part of Ash's longstanding companion, though that barely explains this actor's other habits.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
danpmss

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Ryan Reynolds is a damn nut. But sadly I won't be seeing this film due to the main lead cast.

In which sense? I don't quite get it, my bad.
1-Because of the main lead cast (one or more actors?), I won't watch the movie.
or
2-I won't watch this movie just for its main lead cast (one or more actors?).
ThrowMeOut

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:

Why? Is there some controversy around the kid? Or is it because he's bl- not Japanese?
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Reynolds is such a smart ass. I swear, this movie has a lot of potential, but I have a feeling the mild swearing and realistic renderings of all the Pokémon is probably gonna kill this movie. That would be a real shame, because it's very faithful to the original game.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Quote:
The video elaborates on the immense undertaking Reynolds underwent to fully immerse himself in the role of Pikachu, going so far as "forgetting" his wife and children, attempting to drop an unhealthy amount of weight, and even living low to the ground.

Somehow, I doubt they have quite grasped the character traits we associate with that jovial yellow mouse.

Certainly, a disdain for your own kin would explain the lack of familial yearnings on the part of Ash's longstanding companion, though that barely explains this actor's other habits.

I guess the weight loss is a reference to how light Pikachu must be, and living low to the ground refers to how Pikachus walk around on all fours.
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:22 pm Reply with quote
If he played the games he might've realized that there's a good chance Detective Pikachu has a wife Smile
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:48 pm Reply with quote
RR stated Pikachu is just some yellow guy... Man, this quote is such an underrated gem.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:58 pm Reply with quote
danpmss wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

In which sense? I don't quite get it, my bad.
1-Because of the main lead cast (one or more actors?), I won't watch the movie.
or
2-I won't watch this movie just for its main lead cast (one or more actors?).

I don't like the actor that is playing the kid. I saw him in the last Jurassic Park movie and I was just...WHY??? '
If there is one thing I cannot stand is characters that are type-casted as whinny, always screaming...weaklings. I'm sure if I saw him in another film that was more serious. But this is just going to be another disappointment for as he's again type-casted again in a similar role. Other than that the animation of this film looks great.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1