• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tsugumomo OVA's Crowdfunding Campaign Reaches Initial Goal in 14 Hours

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaekurono18

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:40 am Reply with quote
THAT FAST ALREADY I JUST READ THIS NEW SEASON ARTICLE JUST LAST NIGHT WHAT THE HECK?
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:41 am Reply with quote
Wow that was really quick guess it has tons of fans over at jpn o.o
WANNFH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:06 pm Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
Wow that was really quick guess it has tons of fans over at jpn o.o
Not really - remember, the first season of anime flopped really hard in it's disc sales, it was less than 800 average discs per volume in total.

It's more about how really low sum of money the team wanted for that - they asked the money equated to the price of 400-500 BD discs only just to cover the part of expenses, so the real thing is how much they acquire during the funding period.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Never underestimate the power of lust...NEVER!
Echii

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:57 pm Reply with quote
I hope 2nd season get at least 24 episodes
Nodz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Echii wrote:
I hope 2nd season get at least 24 episodes

I doubt it but that would be awesome.
I wonder if Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san will eventually get a season 2 too.
Same for Muhyo to Rouji, that had a "to be continued" note at the end of the last episode.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:43 pm Reply with quote
I'm a lost here, now i do not know much about the show, but what I do know is it is getting a sequel next year. So why do they need crowdfunding for this OVA clearly more money is being put into the franchise, so why not for a short OVA as well?
MHAFMAB

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:16 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
I'm a lost here, now i do not know much about the show, but what I do know is it is getting a sequel next year. So why do they need crowdfunding for this OVA clearly more money is being put into the franchise, so why not for a short OVA as well?

It's probably because they only had enough funding for a second season. And I would not be surprised if the second season is only like 10ep. Hopefully with the next tier on their crowdfunding it garners enough for more episodes.
Nodz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:02 pm Reply with quote
MHAFMAB wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

It's probably because they only had enough funding for a second season. And I would not be surprised if the second season is only like 10ep. Hopefully with the next tier on their crowdfunding it garners enough for more episodes.

The real question is: why do they need to crowdfund an OVA at all. Why is this OVA so important if a 2nd season is on the way?
MHAFMAB

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:15 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Nodz"]
MHAFMAB wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

The real question is: why do they need to crowdfund an OVA at all. Why is this OVA so important if a 2nd season is on the way?[/quote

It seems like it was something that the production company wanted to make but didn't have the funding. Doesn't necessarily mean it has to be important, I've read other articles were they create ova or specials just for the fans.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Crowdfunding is also a way to build up hype. Especially if the OVA is actually pretty good, expectations for the second season are gonna be the same.

So what I'm actually wondering is: is 3 million yen for a half-length episode about what you'd consider standard, or am I correct in thinking that's VERY little money and that this isn't really crowdfunding for the sake of money?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1