• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
3rd Starmyu Anime Season's Key Visual Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sailorstarsun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:35 am Reply with quote
Is... Is Tengenji going to sing? Sad
RegSuzaku

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:58 am Reply with quote
sailorstarsun wrote:

He did some in the Halloween OVA.

They will probably write something into the story in regards to this. Episode 4 of season 2 aired right after he announced his hiatus. Also... the EnStars anime (which replaced him) is running the same season, and the second Tsukiuta season (where he's still doing his character's speaking voice, but not his singing voice, and for the singing voice, they cast a singer, not a different seiyuu) is either going to be the same season or the season after (since they said 2019 but they haven't announced when yet, it can't be spring at this point) (side thing: the writer of StarMyu wrote TsukiAni s1, but she isn't returning for TsukiAni 2 because she's doing a StarMyu season and an original story for StarMyuMyu 3).

Also, I feel like the ending of season 2 was sort of influenced by his situation...

Kuga and Toraishi will probably be involved in however they write in something for him.

But they haven't announced any replacements or substitutes. So... they will probably give him lighter singing, but he will probably be singing something.

Should note that the back row in the picture are the new characters.

.. . . . . . . trying not to go wild with casting hopes, but... there's a short list of popular singer seiyuu notably not in StarMyu yet. Masuda Toshiki and Eguchi Takuya are probably near the top of that list. I'd... love... to hear either of them in StarMyu. And there are a lot of others, too... anyone else have thoughts on that?
Zexal-Eternal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:35 am Reply with quote
#884745 wrote:
sailorstarsun wrote:

They will probably write something into the story in regards to this. Episode 4 of season 2 aired right after he announced his hiatus. Also... the EnStars anime (which replaced him) is running the same season

.. . . . . . . trying not to go wild with casting hopes, but... there's a short list of popular singer seiyuu notably not in StarMyu yet. Masuda Toshiki and Eguchi Takuya are probably near the top of that list. I'd... love... to hear either of them in StarMyu. And there are a lot of others, too... anyone else have thoughts on that?

Hm did I miss something, I know Hosoyan's has been in hiatus while the airing of the second season, but do it have an impact of his singing? (seeing for Tsukiuta, he voices a character but he don't sing).

So the new Kao Council are those in the back. Can't wait to know more about them. I don't have ideas yet for their seiyuus but if one of them has a personnality like Wataru (Enstars) or Nagi (IDOLiSH7), I would really like Takuya Eguchi lol. I'd also love to hear him and Masuda or Kakihara Tetsuya in StarMyu but all of them are in Enstars. There is also a lot of others I hope to see. I'm already excited to see who will voice them!
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:52 am Reply with quote
Moune-Chan wrote:
Hm did I miss something, I know Hosoyan's has been in hiatus while the airing of the second season, but do it have an impact of his singing? (seeing for Tsukiuta, he voices a character but he don't sing).

I think this was a more recent decision because in doing both singing and voice work, the strain was just too much. So instead of stepping back entirely, he’s no longer going to either sing as much or at all anymore. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong about this, though!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1