• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Klonoa Game Director Wants to Release of Materials Book

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Klonoa is a popular game. It's surprising that they want to create a material works book after all this time. It's also been a long time that they haven't created a new game. The fans have wanted a new game for years.
Heishi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Klonoa is a popular game. It's surprising that they want to create a material works book after all this time. It's also been a long time that they haven't created a new game. The fans have wanted a new game for years.

Popular? Japan, perhaps. Not so much, America. I would love to see a new Klonoa but given its niche status, that doesn't seem likely.
A shame cause I love the Klonoa series.
1dbad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Did my part by liking and Retweeting both the English and Japanese Tweets. (and I replied to the English one!)

Chrno2 wrote:
It's surprising that they want to create a material works book after all this time. It's also been a long time that they haven't created a new game. The fans have wanted a new game for years.

Maybe it's a way to test the waters for interest in more Klonoa? At the very least, I do hope we get this book.
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Gah, I'd want this book so badly!! And another Klonoa game while we're at it! (I'd also love to see him in Smash Ultimate, naturally. If Pac-Man is anything to go by, they're on fine terms with Namco for Smash purposes and if Ice Climbers could get in (with their one game), I hope Klonoa can too someday)
Gasero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:21 pm Reply with quote
More Klonoa please.

Such a great game series that fizzled out before it could express more of its potential.
stickerclub

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:04 pm Reply with quote
The book would make a good kickstarter project.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:46 am Reply with quote
Heishi wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

Popular? Japan, perhaps. Not so much, America. I would love to see a new Klonoa but given its niche status, that doesn't seem likely.
A shame cause I love the Klonoa series.

I thought the game was popular here. I guess it's one of those sort of those niche gems where when you hear people talk about it you think there is a huge demand. But you're right considering how many games were for this game between the Saturn and whatever other console was not many. But fans of the game wanted a new installation. But if there isn't a huge demand then the company not going to invest money into producing for a small fanbase.
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
I thought the game was popular here. I guess it's one of those sort of those niche gems where when you hear people talk about it you think there is a huge demand. But you're right considering how many games were for this game between the Saturn and whatever other console was not many. But fans of the game wanted a new installation. But if there isn't a huge demand then the company not going to invest money into producing for a small fanbase.

Klonoa seems to have one of those small but very passionate fanbases (which I consider myself a part of), so it can be easy to get the impression that it's more popular than it actually is. However, from what I can tell, it's fairly niche in Japan-- there is very little official merchandise other than the games-- and even moreso overseas. In that way, it's sort of like the Mother/Earthbound of platform game series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1