• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - Card Captor Sakura's 8 Most Useful Clow Cards

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoriasGS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:16 pm Reply with quote
I've never understood why they would create the Libra card and not take full advantage of it.

There were plenty of episodes with wacky magical shenanigans like The Change swapping Syaoran and Kero's bodies but they couldn't think of a fun episode to centre around the lie detector card?
Haterater

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Silent card going to get some use! Feel like I'm surrounded by lots of noise stuff lately.

As for Libra, making they couldn't make an interesting episode or can't make it kid friendly enough without it being preachy or nagging?
Green Luthor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Is it cheating to use The Illusion for cosplay if you're using it to cosplay as The Illusion...?
FinalVentCard
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Flying with geese sounds fun, but... they're geese. They have teeth on their friggin' tongues!
Lizzie_B

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:08 pm Reply with quote
FinalVentCard wrote:
Flying with geese sounds fun, but... they're geese. They have teeth on their friggin' tongues!

Don't they also get sucked into airplanes?
That'd be a big hazard for someone using the Flight card
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:09 pm Reply with quote
The Sleep Card seems like it would be the most useful for when you have those nights where you just can't fall asleep.
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
The Sleep Card seems like it would be the most useful for when you have those nights where you just can't fall asleep.

As someone who frequently suffers from insomnia, a real-life The Sleep would be awesome.
meruru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:59 am Reply with quote
Time. Sakura had a card that could could control time, including reversing it. She could literally redo over and over using it until she succeeded. It seems to me possibly the most powerful card, perhaps with the exception of create. Though perhaps it wasn't mentioned because Li was the one who got it when it was first captured.
Vikkio92

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:07 am Reply with quote
This is the content I come here for! I think I might get myself a Clow Cards deck to keep on a shelf Very Happy
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:22 am Reply with quote
Silence and Dark for me. I could darken a room and make it completely quiet to take a much-needed nap at work.
ryukage

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:17 am Reply with quote
meruru wrote:
Time. Sakura had a card that could could control time, including reversing it. She could literally redo over and over using it until she succeeded. It seems to me possibly the most powerful card, perhaps with the exception of create. Though perhaps it wasn't mentioned because Li was the one who got it when it was first captured.

As far as story writing is concerned, once you start rewinding time at every mistake, you'll be rewinding time at EVERY MISTAKE. It makes for a boring story, and it's better to either never introduce it, or ignore it entirely for whatever contrived purpose once you do.
harminia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:19 am Reply with quote
I have the deck of cards too (two, actually). I used to put The Sleep under my pillow as a kid to help me sleep (it didn't work) so I think that'd be my first choice. That and the fly, that'd be so convenient.

Looking at the first set of cards, other ones that would be useful...
The Fight: You know, so you can protect yourself and stuff.
The Dash: If you don't feel like flying
The Rain: Living in Australia, there are so many places that could do with a good downpour
The Song: So I can sound good at karaoke
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:59 am Reply with quote
Are the polls just gone now? That was usually the main reason I click on these articles. The actual list part is very hit and miss for me.
Norm the genius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Have you noticed that this girl possessed great powers thanks to these letters? I seriously could have dominated the world or the city, but what is a fact is that it turned her into someone very Overpower magical girls are always OP but no one has ever criticized them for this aspect very unlike the protagonists of isekai that although some are a lot of slife of life as "smartphone" or "slime" are severely criticized.
Luke's Yu-Gi-Oh! Channel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:39 am Reply with quote
The Sleep card was always useful and I like the Copy, she used that effectively a number of times.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2